Main Line Classical Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (610) 525-2300
Main Line Classical Academy is a school "where children are never too young to learn great things." Main Line Classical Academy is a primary school (K-9) in Bryn Mawr, PA, built on the commitment to the Western liberal arts curriculum. We are small by design in order to provide the warm atmosphere and close personal attention that best foster learning and the development of character. Our curriculum and our teaching methods guide the student along a journey both rigorous and joyful. MLCA at a Glance: Comprehensive English program in the Great Books tradition including poetry, literature oratory, recitation and handwriting.
Immersive French from Kindergarten onward and Latin beginning in 4th grade.
Rigorous STEM curriculum focusing on the depth and beauty of mathematics and the art of problem-solving, as well as experiment based science, computer programming and robotics.
Art Studio and history of art classes. Music theory, violin and individual piano lessons during the school day.
Rich hands-on skills program. 6:1 student to faculty ratio.
Beautiful campus in the heart of Bryn Mawr. Low tuition Financial Aid available for eligible families.
Main Line Classical Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 19 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,000|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten - $21,775 1st Grade - $23,375 2nd & 3rd Grades - $24,575 4th Grade - $25,830 5th & 6th Grades - $26,775 7th, 8th & 9th Grades - $28,890|
|Admissions Director||Chloë Le Pichon|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Christian Studies, Judaic Studies, Math Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Main Line Classical Academy is built on the conviction that children are never too young to learn great things-that the elementary-school years ought to introduce children to some of the most profound, exciting, andbeautiful literary texts, mathematical concepts, scientific discoveries, art, and music; that young minds prosperon journeys in space and time and that deep, systematic study of world history, epoch-by-epoch, is a must; that foreign languages, ancient and modern, mastered at an early age, open magic doors to fascinating newworlds and perspectives; that some of the best pieces of literature and poetry have been written with youngsters in mind, and that children as young as kindergarten thrive on learning and reciting poetry.
- From kindergarten onward, MLCA students explore the finest of literature and poetry in English, French, and, starting in fourth grade, in Latin; come to appreciate the depth and beauty of mathematics through acurriculum developed by a Princeton Ph.D.; and experience encounters with great historical heroes, scientific discoveries, religious disputes, and military enterprises. In the arts, our students acquire proficiency playingpiano; gain a solid understanding of musical theory; are introduced to the history of Western art and music;and acquire mastery of the fundamentals of drawing and painting. We cover so much ground because we know that our students are capable of it. We guide them on a journeyboth demanding and joyful, where intellectual rigor and academic thoroughness go hand-in-hand withcreativity and the joy of learning.
- Main Line Classical Academy offers full day kindergarten with after-care options at an extremely competitive tuition rate compared to local schools. Financial aid may be available for eligible families. I invite you to visit our website: www.mainlineclassical.org to find out more about who we are and what we offer.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Main Line Classical Academy is The Village School (0.1 miles away)
The nearest preschool is The Agnes Irwin School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
452 S Roberts Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 525-5400 0.1 7-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: K-12
480 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3915 0.3 K-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 0.6 5-12
This is a unique gem on the Main Line. The small class size, excellent subject-specific teachers and rigorous academic focus is perfect for my family. My three children have attended for four years and counting. The curriculum is very well thought out. If you care about academics - this school is worth investigating.
- Posted by Parent - Chlo
Main Line Classical Academy has small class sizes, talented instructors, and an academically rigorous curriculum. My first grader loves her math and science classes. She has private piano lessons at school twice a week and violin ensemble twice a week. The language curriculum is excellent, and her history lessons are much more in depth than what she was getting in public schools. I had some concerns at her previous school that she wasn't getting the individual attention she needed. At MLCA, her teachers communicate with me and clearly know her well. Her classmates are wonderful, and she enjoys going to school.
- Posted by Parent - Meghan
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.