Matignon High School
- Matignon High School is an independent,co-educational, college preparatory Catholic high school founded in 1945.
- As such we are committed to teaching and promoting Catholic morality and principles, academic excellence, respect for oneself and others, and service to the community.
- Ninety-six percent of our graduates continue to further their education in college.
- More than 25% of our student body is non-Catholic.
- Matignon is proud to serve a small, yet vibrant international community of students representing several countries.
- We draw students from 42 cities and towns in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||462 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average SAT score||1106|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,775|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Erica McCummings|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Choir, Choral Group, Drama Club, SADD, Science Club, Step Sqaud, Student Council, The Matignon Mirror, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Founded in 1945 by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
- Incorporated as an Independent School in 2004
- Small inclusive community of 380 students
- 96% of our graduates advance to college
- SAT scores consistently rank above the national average
- Reputation as an academic leader among Catholic schools in the Greater Boston area
- Solid and inclusive athletic program with long history of indivdual athlete accomplishments and championship teams
- Easy access by car, MBTA, Commuter Rail
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 2 PK-12
- Medford Grades: NS-12 | 266 students
579 Boston Ave
Medford, MA 02155
(781) 393-5600 0.9 NS-12
- Dorchester Grades: 9-12 | 335 students
100 Savin Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617) 825-2580 7.3 9-12
I didn't know my kids would be this engaged in school. The teachers are awesome; it feels like a family.
- Posted by Parent - Kellie
This school is a back to basics modern and diverse Catholic school. A refuge from the insanity of public education.
- Posted by Teacher - Back to basics
I can't say enough about Matignon High School. My children (twins) had a hard time in a public middle school and after looking at different private schools for high school they both picked Matignon. They said is was an easy decision because when they shadowed there "it was like we had been going there already. People treated us like we were students there and everyone was friendly." They were behind a bit when they started but the teachers have been great getting them caught up to where they need to be! They are now sophomores and are doing very well. They love their school and are proud to go there. I can't speak highly enough about the faculty, the Principal and Vice Principal. As Christians is was important we found a school who shares our values and beliefs... I did not want God shut out when the school doors closed! I consider myself lucky to have found this school! To see my kids happy and doing well means the world to me and my husband
- Posted by Parent - jennd
Matignon is my second family. I received a lot of support from Matignon faculty and staffs.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - phuon