Montessori Academy at Vickery
Montessori at Vickery offers a high quality authentic Montessori education - focused on fostering independence combined with a sense of community and global awareness - to students, ages 13 months to 9 years, creating independent, confident, self-sufficient, emotionally balanced, globally aware, environmentally conscious children respectful of one’s self and others.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 14 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,000
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Independent Learning Style
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total Sports Offered
- The mission of Montessori at Vickery is to foster the development of a well-adjusted individual through Montessori principles thereby promoting the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of the children, staff, and parents who meet, work and learn here.
- Our curriculum offers children, ages 13 months - 9 years, a carefully prepared environment rich in learning materials and experiences. Students are grouped in mixed-age classrooms, which allow them to interact with each other on a variety of levels.Teachers are referred to as “guides” and are facilitators in the learning process. Through careful observation and guidance, children are directed toward meaningful activity, which helps them discover and develop their own interests and abilities. Each of our Montessori-trained guides have studied both Montessori philosophy and curriculum, and all Lead Pre-Primary, Primary and Elementary guides are MACTE (Montessori Accreditation for Teacher Education) certified. Our guides provide a child-centered focus in the classroom,utilizing teachable moments to “follow the child” with individualized learning for each child’s own pace.
- Our admissions process begins with a campus tour. A tour provides an opportunity to observe our classrooms, meet our staff & facility and have questions answered about our program. Tours are scheduled by appointment through the Admissions Office.
Our 6-year old son has recently started his second year at this school, and I was floored by how excited he was to start back. Overall, we are pretty happy with this school...like every school, there are some things we would prefer were different, but it's impossible to find a school with zero qualms. The two teachers our son has been with thus far have been very effective in helping him progress in his learning, and in a way that has stimulated his love of learning. The administrative staff have always been very pleasant to deal with, even through confusing scenarios with GA tax credits, etc. The Head of School (Katherine Lindaman) is clearly someone with a very strong vision for what she wants in her school. While I can see how she may rub some people the wrong way, I happen to agree with her vision and therefore I think her management style is ultimately best for the school. The bottom line is that not every child (or every parent) is a right fit for a certain school, so do your research and talk to as many people as you can before making a choice. As for our family, this school is almost exactly what we want/need, and therefore we have had great experiences thus far. Good luck!
Endorse Montessori Academy at Vickery. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.