Montessori Academy at Vickery
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (770) 777-9131
Montessori at Vickery offers a high quality authentic Montessori education - focused on fostering independence combined with a sense of community and global awareness - to students, ages 13 months to 9 years, creating independent, confident, self-sufficient, emotionally balanced, globally aware, environmentally conscious children respectful of one’s self and others.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Independent Learning Style|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Admissions Director||Joann Bauer|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
- The mission of Montessori at Vickery is to foster the development of a well-adjusted individual through Montessori principles thereby promoting the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of the children, staff, and parents who meet, work and learn here.
- Our curriculum offers children, ages 13 months - 9 years, a carefully prepared environment rich in learning materials and experiences. Students are grouped in mixed-age classrooms, which allow them to interact with each other on a variety of levels.Teachers are referred to as “guides” and are facilitators in the learning process. Through careful observation and guidance, children are directed toward meaningful activity, which helps them discover and develop their own interests and abilities. Each of our Montessori-trained guides have studied both Montessori philosophy and curriculum, and all Lead Pre-Primary, Primary and Elementary guides are MACTE (Montessori Accreditation for Teacher Education) certified. Our guides provide a child-centered focus in the classroom,utilizing teachable moments to “follow the child” with individualized learning for each child’s own pace.
- Our admissions process begins with a campus tour. A tour provides an opportunity to observe our classrooms, meet our staff & facility and have questions answered about our program. Tours are scheduled by appointment through the Admissions Office.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-5 | 77 students
4772 Webb Bridge Road
Alpharetta, GA 30005
(770) 475-0558 7.8 PK-5
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-K | 34 students
5815 Medlock Bridge Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
(770) 623-1965 10.5 PK-K
Our 6-year old son has recently started his second year at this school, and I was floored by how excited he was to start back. Overall, we are pretty happy with this school...like every school, there are some things we would prefer were different, but it's impossible to find a school with zero qualms. The two teachers our son has been with thus far have been very effective in helping him progress in his learning, and in a way that has stimulated his love of learning. The administrative staff have always been very pleasant to deal with, even through confusing scenarios with GA tax credits, etc. The Head of School (Katherine Lindaman) is clearly someone with a very strong vision for what she wants in her school. While I can see how she may rub some people the wrong way, I happen to agree with her vision and therefore I think her management style is ultimately best for the school. The bottom line is that not every child (or every parent) is a right fit for a certain school, so do your research and talk to as many people as you can before making a choice. As for our family, this school is almost exactly what we want/need, and therefore we have had great experiences thus far. Good luck!
- Posted by Parent - tzarr
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.