Alpharetta International Academy
- Alpharetta International Academy is a private, non-profit Montessori school for children ages 18 months through 5th grade.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality education for our students.
- We have a wonderful, diverse staff who love children and are passionate about teaching.
- Our teachers are experienced and have Montessori training. They participate in professional development on a regular basis and attend national Montessori conferences for continuing education.
- Dixie Oliver, our Founding Director, began her career as an Associate Montessori Internationale (AMI) teacher.
- She has been a leader in the Montessori community for over 25 years, helping to start Montessori schools and train teachers around the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program School Day & Extended Day programs available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-9
1970 Cliff Valley Way Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404)325-6777 17 NS-9
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-4 | 164 students
12387 Crabapple Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004
(770)569-5200 7.8 PK-4
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.