Montessori Children's House Of Valley Forge
Montessori Children's House Of Valley Forge Photo #3 - One of our wonderful light-filled classrooms.
- The Montessori Children's House of Valley Forge (MCHVF) is a child based learning environment for preschool children ages 2,3,4, 5 & 6. Our home is in beautiful Valley Forge National Historic Park and we serve the communities of Wayne, Chesterbrook, Devon, Paoli, Berwyn, Malvern, King of Prussia and beyond.
- The mission of Montessori Children`s House of Valley Forge is to cultivate the innate love of learning and respect that young children have for themselves, their peers, and their environment in order to help them prepare for a life of integrity, academic accomplishment and purpose.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Music, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our home in Valley Forge Park is new, our House has been educating and nurturing children since 1963. A non-profit corporation and parent run preschool, MCHVF, is affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS), is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Private Academic Schools, and by the Department of Public Welfare. MCHVF is honored to be one of the few schools and the first Montessori school located in a U.S. National Park, and takes full advantage of its exceptional surroundings.In February 2010, we completed our historically recognized and award winning multi-million dollar renovation and expansion of the former Ivy Hollow Farm (David Walker Farmstead). Located on 3.5 acres within Valley Forge Park, the new purpose built preschool houses six classrooms, a large multi-purpose room for gym and art, a meeting room dedicated for parents, and a room specifically for our Parent and Toddler classes. In addition, there are two age appropriate playgrounds and an athletic field. An outdoor classroom has just been completed.MCHVF is a parent run school, the Board of Directors, consisting of parents, alumni parents and grandparents, together with the Administrator, establish school policy. Parents are invited to participate and volunteer in a variety of ways. From sharing their talents and experiences with the classes to providing daily snacks and planning special events, our parents are a welcomed and integral addition to our House community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Drexel Hill Grades: PK-K | 49 students
5290 Township Line Rd
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
(484)431-6469 11.2 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.