Ancona Montessori School Drexel Hill
- Ancona Montessori Schools in Drexel Hill is licensed by the Pennsylvania Board of Private Academic Schools and the Department of Public Welfare for Child Care services.
- Ancona Montessori School is a private, non-sectarian school that does not discriminate according to race, creed, or national origin.
- The Montessori classroom is non-graded. Within the class session, the child enjoys individual instruction, group participation, and free play.
- Each child is on their own individual program according to their needs and development.
- The program includes many phases of education in order to nurture the whole child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wynnewood Grades: PK-K | 40 students
630 Clothier Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
(610)649-2643 4.4 PK-K
- Newtown Square Grades: PK-8 | 646 students
3309 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073
(610)356-6225 4.1 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.