At Montessori Development Center, we pride ourselves on letting children be children, without the distraction of computers or televisions.
Even on the playground, there are no references to television characters or any violent play.
Montessori education does not end with the preschool experience.
It continues into the child's elementary and often adolescent-years, constantly building upon itself to change with the changing developmental needs of the child.
Maria Montessori wrote "Human consciousness comes into the world as a flaming ball of imagination." A child's imagination provides the mental impetus for exploration of the universe. Montessori elementary education speaks to a child's imagination and launches a lifelong voyage of discovery.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 23 students
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
We accept all children no matter what their learning differences. Because our program is an individual based program children can learn and develop at their own pace.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At Montessori Development Center, we pride ourselves on letting children be children, without the distraction of computers or televisions. Even on the playground, there are or references to television characters or any violent play. Montessori education does not end with the preschool experience. It continues into the child's elementary and often adolescent years, constantly building upon itself to change with the changing developmental needs of the child. Maria Montessori wrote, "Human consciousness comes into the world as a flaming ball of imagination." A child's imagination provides the mental impetus for exploration of the universe. Montessori elementary education speaks to a child's imagination and launches a lifelong voyage of discovery.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Montessori Development Center?
The application deadline for Montessori Development Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
MDC has been a wonderful school for our daughter, combining the perfect blend of guidance and self-exploration. Compared to our experience with other child-care/pre-k schools, there is a significantly higher level of professionalism to the education and a great emphasis on respect for fellow students. It has also been wonderful to see how the older students show great care and leadership to the younger children.
All of my children have gone through MDC and thrived because of it. The teachers are simply wonderful and the MDC education has more than prepared them for 1st grade and beyond. I highly recommend this school without any reservations!
MDC has been an extremely positive force in the education of my 4 children that have gone there. It has fostered a love of learning that they carry with them to the public school. This translates to not having to battle over homework every night. They know what to do and they do it without crying for help or asking me to figure it out for them. Also, they have been prepared so well academically. They receive highly individualized attention, which allows them to progress at their own speed. They have been challenged at MDC. Another benefit is that this program has taught them to respect people, use their manners, clean up after themselves, and not to engage in violent behaviour. MDC has also helped to identify any areas that my children might need extra help or attention. This has enabled us to address those challenges early on before they start 1st grade.
Endorse Montessori Development Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.