Montessori School Of Rochester
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1965, the Montessori School of Rochester is a secular, not for profit educational institution which follows the philosophy and teaching methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Serving children ages 6 weeks to grade 4, our programs foster growth, independence, self-esteem and a lifelong love of learning.
- Two striking characteristics of children in the Montessori environments are a profound joy in learning, and the sense of pride and ownership that students display for their work.
- These are essential traits that lead to continued success throughout childhood, adolescence and adulthood.
- The prepared environments and the role of the teacher in the classroom distinguishes Montessori from other educational approaches.
- At Montessori School of Rochester the teacher spends the day giving presentations or representations of activities available on the shelves; meanwhile, children not actively engaged in a presentation will be working independently, getting their own snack, or going to the bathroom when the need arises.
- This freedom fosters responsible behavior under the guidance and verification of watchful adults.
- By giving children responsibility for their behavior, to the extent that they are capable of acceptably responding to it, self-control and an internal set of guidelines are established as part of the child's personality.
- The special environments enable children to explore qualities of materials through various tasks which induce thinking about relationships.
- The prepared environment also offers practical occasions for introducing social relationships through free interaction; the logical, sequential nature of the programs and curriculum provides orderly structure that guide discovery.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No cartoon/character wear allowed)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Angela Caprarotta|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Cooking, Languages, Music, Science, Yoga Chess, Cooking, Languages, Music, Science, Yoga,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 205 students
100 Golden Flyer Dr
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: PK-K | 79 students
300 Chesterton Road
Rochester, NY 14626
RochesterGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: 5-12 | 109 students
275 Pinnacle Road
Rochester, NY 14623
My children both attend the Montessori School of Rochester, and have been since the age of 9 months. Our son was in the "Nido Community" until he was about 18 months of age, at which point he moved up to the "Toddler Community". His development, and independence has absolutely skyrocketed since we joined the MSR Community. He has been given the opportunity to choose his work, and be continually challenged and introduced to new work as he grows and develops. The community is strong with individuals who are personally invested in our children's lives. Our children love going to school, are happy when we drop them off, and happy when we pick them up. Placing our children in the MSR community has been one of the best decisions we could have made for our family. We feel blessed to have found such a positive and challenging environment for our children to continue their growth and development in.
- Posted by Parent - alena
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?