5.00 (1 review)
- For nearly 40 years, Montgomery Academy has served students ages 5 - 21 with challenges that were not getting met in conventional public school settings.
- Montgomery Academy provides individualized instruction, counseling and transition services along with performing arts, athletics, and technology programs delivered with sensitivity in small classes on a serene mountaintop in Mendham Township.
- What sets Montgomery apart is its spirit. Our dedicated professional educators care as much about why and how our students learn as about what they learn.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Aspergers, Autism, ED, ADHD, etc.|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,110|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is normally underwritten by the local sending district but private pay options are available.|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Lentini|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Delventhal Marelli|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
- Montgomery Academy is a safe, happy, hard-working place of active learning, collaboration and individualism. It's a place where students can truly be themselves- guided toward self-confidence, self-governance and self-knowledge in a reassuring atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Making choices, cultivating interests: these are at the heart of the Montgomery Academy experience. Visit us to see our mission in action and to find out first-hand how we can help your son or daughter realize their unique potential. Call us today at to arrange a personal tour and remember to ask about our superb summer program! Montgomery Academy- Where You Can Be Yourself!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pompton PlainsGrades: 6-12 | 76 students
157 West Parkway / PO Box 338
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- CalifonGrades: 6-12 | 65 students
37 Hoffmans Crossing Rd
Califon, NJ 07830
Our child was traumatized by his experiences in his last placement. He is Autistic. We visited Montgomery several times, with hopes our child would find a place of respect, love and acceptance. We brought our child in twice and requested very special circumstances to make his visit as non stressful as possible because he at this point was unable to trust anyone other than his immediate family. In fact he was afraid to leave the house up until his first visit to Montgomery. It is with great joy and appreciation that I say thank you as on his first visit he took to Tony the principle immediately, holding his arm during the tour. Our 2nd visit was just as amazing if not more, he connected to the other students and staff and loved the gym teacher! Thank you Montgomery, for your support, understanding and going the extra mile! SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
- Posted by Parent - help
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.