Five generations of Montverde Academy graduates have been guided by three fundamental principles: Knowledge,Character and Community. Founded in 1912, Montverde Academy is a college preparatory, coeducational independent school serving grades PK3-12.
The boarding program serves grades 7-12 and Post Graduate. Montverde Academy offers a challenging academic environment to students who have a strong desire to learn and grow in a safe and diverse community.
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 1,164 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,600
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language, AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government and Politics: Comparative, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1: Algebra-based, AP Physics 2: Algebra-based, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetics, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Research, AP Seminar, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/2-D, AP Studio Art/3-D, AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Shorts, Skorts and Polo Shirts)
(Shorts, Skorts and Polo Shirts)
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Day Tuition - 6th-12 grade
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Academic Team, American Sign Language, Bookworm Buddies, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Choir/Chorus, Computer Club, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, International Thespian Society, Irving Society, Juggling, Junior Toastmasters, Key Club, Knitting Club, Math Club, Mentor Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Orchestra, Science Club, Step Team, Student Government, Yearbook & Photography
- Founded in 1912, Montverde Academy is a college preparatory, coeducational independent school serving grades PK3-12. The boarding program serves grades 7-12 and Post Graduate. Montverde Academy offers a challenging academic environment to students who have a strong desire to learn. Five generations of Montverde Academy graduates have been guided by three fundamental principles: Knowledge, Character and Community. These principles are illustrated in the classroom through Advanced Placement and Honors courses. Performance on Advanced Placement exams achieved better than 82% passing rate with 55% scoring 4 or higher. Achievement of college placement is evidenced by a 100% college acceptance rate. Accentuating the foundation of Montverde Academy's community is its exemplary educators who are committed to academic excellence. Montverde Academy has 61 full-time faculty members with 58% holding advanced degrees. Montverde Academy also places an emphasis on developing students physically through positive interscholastic competition. The Athletic Program is sanctioned through the Florida High School Athletic Association. A variety of individual and team sports at both Varsity and Junior Varsity levels facilitate student development. Numerous athletics and fine arts programs have achieved local, state, and national recognition. In the past eight years, 42 student athletes have earned scholarships to NCAA qualifying colleges and universities. Required involvement with fine arts, athletics, clubs and service organizations allow students to become positive contributors to the school and community. The educational experience provided by Montverde Academy creates opportunities for lifelong learning and global leadership.
Endorse Montverde Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.