- Academics at Moorestown Friends School actively engage students in the quest for knowledge.
- Teachers build a learning community that encourages exploration, and the entire community seeks ways to improve the world around us.
- At every level, students at Moorestown Friends School are challenged to think and apply what they are learning.
- A rigorous, college-preparatory education gives students the foundation to be active learners.
- Teachers encourage cross-curricular connections and cultivate critical thinking in classroom discussions and independent projects.
- Moorestown Friends provides students with a safe environment in which they can expand their minds, their hearts and their souls.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||729 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Tuition ranges from $8,800 to $28,650|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachel Tilney|
|Admissions Associate||Mike Schlotterbeck|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mount LaurelGrades: PK-12 | 84 students
530 Union Mill Rd.
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
BurlingtonGrades: PK-12 | 240 students
Burlington, NJ 08016
WestamptonGrades: NS-8 | 124 students
315 Bridge St
Westampton, NJ 08060
MedfordGrades: PK-8 | 436 students
196 Route 70
Medford, NJ 08055
BurlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 282 students
250 James St
Burlington, NJ 08016
Moorestown Friend School has been a great investment in the education of our children. The academic programs are challenging however taught by teachers who truly care about the success of each student. The school is very diverse and everyone is valued and accepted. Students are encouraged to join extracurricular activities - sports, clubs, languages, the arts to enhance their educational experience. MFS students are like a large family where it is common for students to help each other to achieve goals and excel at whatever they are doing.
- Posted by Parent - Joyce Feigeles
MFS is a warm and welcoming environment for families of all backgrounds, not just Quakers. The students are of the highest caliber and I'm amazed by the curious minds of the preschoolers, the kindness of the Lower School students, the maturity of the Middle Schoolers, and the astounding achievements of the Upper School students. Family-like atmosphere.
- Posted by Teacher - S L H