5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (929) 400-1751
MUSE Academy Photo #7 - Dramatic play enables students to creatively interpret material they have learned and make it their own.
MUSE Academy Photo #9 - Math and science are taught in integrated 90 minute blocks so students can immediately apply math strategies in practical experiments they help design.;
- MUSE Academy is an independent school in Brooklyn. We seek to develop the full potential of every child as lifelong learners, expressive artists, and active citizens in his or her community.
- Music, movement, and performance are central to the MUSE educational experience and profoundly contribute to cognitive and social development.
- Our approach engages all the modes through which children learn and communicate including verbal, analytical, kinesthetic, spatial, social, and emotional using an inquiry-based learning model.
- MUSE Academy Blog - 10/24/2018 - Check out the MUSE Academy blog where you can learn more about education at MUSE.
MUSE Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||23000 for Early Decision by February 1 2019|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Bradley-Kramer|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Vidas Consolacion|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, DanceBallet, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Arts and Music, circus arts, Dance, Drama, Painting, Puppetry, Sculpture
- MUSE Academy is an independent school in Brooklyn. We seek to develop the full potential of every child as lifelong learners, expressive artists, and active citizens in his or her community. Music, movement, and performance are central to the MUSE educational experience and profoundly contribute to cognitive and social development. Our approach engages all the modes through which children learn and communicate including verbal, analytical, kinesthetic, spatial, social, and emotional using an inquiry-based learning model.
- At MUSE Academy, every day is an adventure in learning in which rigorous core academic instruction is richly intertwined with music, performance, and visual arts.Each morning, the Head of School warmly greets MUSE students as they enter the building and transition from family life to the new environment of structured learning, social development, and creative expression at MUSE Academy. Classrooms start with 15 minutes of community building and character development, typically with interactive games, song, and dance. Each classroom is governed by behavioral norms they have helped to shape as active citizens.
- MUSE Academy welcomes families to begin the journey of discovery at an early age, with our pre-K 3 and pre-K 4 classes, led by specialist teachers in early childhood education. The daily routine of our pre-K students is infused with music and the arts, from the first morning circle, where students gather with their teachers, through the afternoons filled with dance, imaginative play, and choir.Each class has a master teacher and teaching associate to provide individual attention and support to young learners. They are responsible for developing the essential academic building blocks and creating rich interconnections during specialist-led classes in musical instruments, dance, creative movement, science discovery, and visual arts.Our teaching approach engages the full range of senses - tactile, visual, olfactory, movement, rhythm - so as to fully engage young minds and keep a powerful flow of discovery and wonder.
- Long ago, in ancient Greece, it was believed that arts, sciences and languages gave human beings access to the creative spark and insight into the forces ruling the world. Education was seen as the highest good because it shaped the citizens, artists, and thinkers of the future who made civilization possible.The Greeks credited divine beings known as the Muses with the creation all known arts and sciences, as well as the education that transmitted these gifts from each generation to the next. Instruction in the full range of disciplines was seen as essential to cultivating young people of talent and character.Since then the range of scientific knowledge has exploded and music, letters, and the arts have continued to evolve. But along the way, the concept of educating the whole child with a curriculum that embraces the arts has been often lost sight of. Until now.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-4 | 42 students
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(866) 664-2070 1.2 NS-4
I switched my daughter from a Montessori school to Muse Academy because of her love of music and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I like that she gets music and art as part of her school day rather than my having to shuttle her to private lessons. She loves talking about her day when I pick her up, and the teachers are fantastic. The daily alerts are just the right amount of information so I'm kept abreast of her day without feeling inundated.
- Posted by Parent - Tamara
Our child has been a student of MUSE's PreK program since the school's inception. The staff and faculty are all professional, well trained, and collaborative. As a new school, they are quick to respond to parent feedback and concerns. Their curriculum challenges the kids with Singapore Math introduced at PreK. ELA and STEM projects also introduce critical components to the kids, targeting introduction of concepts a year early. That said, they meet all kinds where they are. The newly formed parents' association (MUSEPAC) is also showing early signs of strength and momentum given the short time of the school's existence. It's clear parents and faculty are working tirelessly to create a successful and welcoming environment for learning!
- Posted by Parent - FtGreeneParent
My daughter is enrolled in the preschool program at MUSE. We couldn't be happier with the instructors, who are incredibly kind, patient, fun, and well-credentialed. I also love that MUSE is dedicated to the arts and offers dance and music instruction every day.
- Posted by Parent - Laura
It was such a difficult task to find school for my son, because English language is his second one. And how happy I am now! My son enjoys each day in MUSE Academy! Teachers are incredible!
- Posted by Parent - Lidia
MUSE Academy is an independent private school located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. MUSE Academy offers offers a preschool program, kindergarten, and private elementary school education that combines rigorous academics with an intensive focus on music and performing arts instruction. MUSE Academy`s Head of School, Deborah Bradley-Kramer, taught at Columbia University`s acclaimed core curriculum program for over 20 years and ran the Columbia University Music Performance Program for 13 years, as well as teaching at Juilliard. She has studied early music education and written about the contribution of intensive music study at a young age to accelerated cognitive and social development. The school opens its doors in the fall of 2018 and is a great choice for families that want to develop their child's full creative potential without slighting academics. The background of the faculty is incredibly impressive and we plan to enroll our daughter there when she turns three.
- Posted by Parent - Crocker Coulson
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.