MUSE Academy Photo #2 - Math and science are taught in integrated 90 minute blocks so students can immediately apply math strategies in practical experiments they help design.;
MUSE Academy Photo #4 - Daily dance and movement instruction starting in preK 3 is part of the MUSE approach to learning.
MUSE Academy Photo #5 - Dramatic play enables students to creatively interpret the material they have learned and make it their own.
MUSE Academy Photo #6 - Daily music classes help accelerate cognitive development, language, and numerical fluency.
MUSE Academy is an independent school in Brooklyn. We seek to develop the full potential of every child as lifelong learners, expressive artists, and active citizens in his or her community.
Music, movement, and performance are central to the MUSE educational experience and profoundly contribute to cognitive and social development.
Our approach engages all the modes through which children learn and communicate including verbal, analytical, kinesthetic, spatial, social, and emotional using an inquiry-based learning model.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-2
- Students: 60 students
- Yearly Tuition: $27,500
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Summer Program Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Lisa Vidas Consolacion
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music, circus arts, Dance, Drama, Painting, Puppetry, Sculpture
Arts and Music, circus arts, Dance, Drama, Painting, Puppetry, Sculpture
- MUSE Academy is an independent school in Brooklyn. We seek to develop the full potential of every child as lifelong learners, expressive artists, and active citizens in his or her community. Music, movement, and performance are central to the MUSE educational experience and profoundly contribute to cognitive and social development. Our approach engages all the modes through which children learn and communicate including verbal, analytical, kinesthetic, spatial, social, and emotional using an inquiry-based learning model.
- At MUSE Academy, every day is an adventure in learning in which rigorous core academic instruction is richly intertwined with music, performance, and visual arts.Each morning, the Head of School warmly greets MUSE students as they enter the building and transition from family life to the new environment of structured learning, social development, and creative expression at MUSE Academy. Classrooms start with 15 minutes of community building and character development, typically with interactive games, song, and dance. Each classroom is governed by behavioral norms they have helped to shape as active citizens.
- MUSE Academy welcomes families to begin the journey of discovery at an early age, with our pre-K 3 and pre-K 4 classes, led by specialist teachers in early childhood education. The daily routine of our pre-K students is infused with music and the arts, from the first morning circle, where students gather with their teachers, through the afternoons filled with dance, imaginative play, and choir.Each class has a master teacher and teaching associate to provide individual attention and support to young learners. They are responsible for developing the essential academic building blocks and creating rich interconnections during specialist-led classes in musical instruments, dance, creative movement, science discovery, and visual arts.Our teaching approach engages the full range of senses - tactile, visual, olfactory, movement, rhythm - so as to fully engage young minds and keep a powerful flow of discovery and wonder.
- Long ago, in ancient Greece, it was believed that arts, sciences and languages gave human beings access to the creative spark and insight into the forces ruling the world. Education was seen as the highest good because it shaped the citizens, artists, and thinkers of the future who made civilization possible.The Greeks credited divine beings known as the Muses with the creation all known arts and sciences, as well as the education that transmitted these gifts from each generation to the next. Instruction in the full range of disciplines was seen as essential to cultivating young people of talent and character.Since then the range of scientific knowledge has exploded and music, letters, and the arts have continued to evolve. But along the way, the concept of educating the whole child with a curriculum that embraces the arts has been often lost sight of. Until now.
Profile last updated: 03/08/2021
My daughter just completed her Pre-K year at MUSE Academy and will be returning in the Fall for Kindergarten. Our daughter really seemed to enjoy her days learning and playing at MUSE. She loved having daily Spanish and music class and alternating between art and dance throughout the week. We felt very fortunate that our daughter had exposure to these activities at the preschool level. Our favorite aspect of the school is how well it integrates the curriculum with music, art, science and dance. Some examples of this were shown in their unit of study on Space - the students learned songs to help them remember the planets, made "constellation projectors" in art class to answer the question of why stars only appear at night and danced, using their bodies to illustrate the orbiting of Earth around the sun. Integrating these lessons through various subjects not only made learning fun and exciting for our daughter but it also allowed her to understand these concepts on a deeper level.We have also been impressed and reassured by the open lines of communication we have with teachers and the administration. At the end of every week, the teachers send out detailed reports on what the students learned and shared links to websites and books that were used during the school day to help us continue the conversation at home. Any questions or concerns we had throughout our time at MUSE were addressed efficiently and thoughtfully by the administration. We've loved our time at MUSE and are looking forward to another great year in the Fall!
We have our two daughters attending Muse Academy, in first grade and pre-K 4, and couldn`t be happier. We came from a well-regarded public school and private pre-school, and yet we were immediately blown away by the differences at Muse. The arts focus doesn`t mean a compromise on academics: our first grader has a diverse and rigorous curriculum, with Singapore math and an emphasis on weaving subjects together, using art and writing to learn science concepts, for instance. I`m surprised by how well our older daughter can already do computation, and our younger daughter's writing skills have markedly improved. The administration is caring and moves quickly: when we wanted our first grader to do homework at after-school, the teachers easily accommodated us. Of course, the small class sizes and low teacher-to-student ratio ensure that our children get to know the other students and that teachers really get to know everyone. The arts instruction is phenomenal. They've only had music instruction for eight weeks now, and they`re already performing in instrument ensembles. The most important thing, of course, is that our children are happy. They come home singing songs in English and Spanish, showing off ballet steps, and telling us about how to add large numbers. We feel lucky that we've entrusted Muse with our daughters` education, and we`re confident that the school will only improve as it grows.
So happy with Muse. It's a crazy pandemic year, but even so, my first grader is learning so much and comes home so happy every day. The staff are kind and caring, and the whole environment is just lovely. Grateful to have made the choice.
The team at Muse has been simply extraordinary for our two children. Our son entered PreK 3 in the fall of 2019 and we were so thoroughly impressed and inspired by not only the onsite learning, but the team's capacity to switch to an engaging and enriching remote program-no small fete for kids that age. We have re-enrolled our son for PreK 4 this year as well as our daughter in PreK 3. The full onsite program has been safe and exceptional amidst an unprecedented time in NYC. We feel very fortunate to have found such an incredible program that offers our children a warm, arts based education.
My daughter started in Pre-K 4 this fall and I am so impressed with the richness of the arts education and academics starting at a young age. She enjoys music, art, Spanish and dance instruction every single day. She can't wait to get to school every morning and comes home with a smile on her face. The school has been able to offer five days a week onsite instruction this fall and seems to be taking a very serious and thoughtful approach to health and safety issues. Recommend highly to those looking for preschool, kindergarten or grade school in Brooklyn.
I switched my daughter from a Montessori school to Muse Academy because of her love of music and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I like that she gets music and art as part of her school day rather than my having to shuttle her to private lessons. She loves talking about her day when I pick her up, and the teachers are fantastic. The daily alerts are just the right amount of information so I'm kept abreast of her day without feeling inundated.
Our child has been a student of MUSE's PreK program since the school's inception. The staff and faculty are all professional, well trained, and collaborative. As a new school, they are quick to respond to parent feedback and concerns. Their curriculum challenges the kids with Singapore Math introduced at PreK. ELA and STEM projects also introduce critical components to the kids, targeting introduction of concepts a year early. That said, they meet all kinds where they are. The newly formed parents' association (MUSEPAC) is also showing early signs of strength and momentum given the short time of the school's existence. It's clear parents and faculty are working tirelessly to create a successful and welcoming environment for learning!
My daughter is enrolled in the preschool program at MUSE. We couldn't be happier with the instructors, who are incredibly kind, patient, fun, and well-credentialed. I also love that MUSE is dedicated to the arts and offers dance and music instruction every day.
It was such a difficult task to find school for my son, because English language is his second one. And how happy I am now! My son enjoys each day in MUSE Academy! Teachers are incredible!
MUSE Academy is an independent private school located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. MUSE Academy offers offers a preschool program, kindergarten, and private elementary school education that combines rigorous academics with an intensive focus on music and performing arts instruction. MUSE Academy`s Head of School, Deborah Bradley-Kramer, taught at Columbia University`s acclaimed core curriculum program for over 20 years and ran the Columbia University Music Performance Program for 13 years, as well as teaching at Juilliard. She has studied early music education and written about the contribution of intensive music study at a young age to accelerated cognitive and social development. The school opens its doors in the fall of 2018 and is a great choice for families that want to develop their child's full creative potential without slighting academics. The background of the faculty is incredibly impressive and we plan to enroll our daughter there when she turns three.
Endorse MUSE Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.