New Castle Christian Academy
- New Castle Christian Academy is an interdenominational Christian school.
- Therefore, the school will introduce students to the basic concepts of faith that are found in Christianity and will avoid teaching specific denominational doctrines.
- It is the philosophy of the New Castle Christian Academy that an excellent academic program in a Christian atmosphere should be available to the children of our community during their formative years.
- It is our purpose to bridge the relationship between the educational experience and the dynamics of the Christian life and develop Christian leaders who will love and serve in thought, word, and deed, and impact the world around them.
- NCCA supports the students` individual churches. Training Christian leaders is one of the key goals of NCCA. Through character building, leadership opportunities and daily classroom activities, we seek to instill in our students the desire to live and serve in Christ`s name now and in the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khakis and polo shirts on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,530|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Gary Heotzler|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross CountryArchery, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- NCCA requires parental and student interviews as part of the enrollment protocol. Administrator and/or grade level Teachers administer an enrollment screening exam for each student to ascertain accuracy of grade level placement and competency. Academic records from any previous educational experiences are also required. These procedures assist both the school and the student/family find success in our educational process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Castle Grades: PK-K | 48 students
3818 Old Butler Rd
New Castle, PA 16101
(724) 924-2161 6 PK-K
- Butler Grades: PK-12 | 119 students
221 New Castle St
Butler, PA 16001
(724) 287-1188 25.6 PK-12
- Mercer Grades: PK-12 | 29 students
1033 N Perry Hwy
Mercer, PA 16137
(724) 475-4971 19.6 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.