New Covenant Christian School
- New Covenant Christian School is a private school offering Parent-directed education.
- Students learn using a wide variety of methods and curricula.
- Our staff will assist you in developing a plan of learning customized to your child's needs and destiny. Textbooks, online courses, computerized courses, site classes, and community activities are just some of the options offered. Check our website for details.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Human Geography, Computer Science,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No shorts; shirt/slacks or dresses)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|Admissions Director||Sandra W Hancock|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Theatre Tech, Theatre/Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- New Covenant School Inc. is a school designed to aid and support homeschooling families. We provide all the usual support and many activities expected from a private school. Originally known as New Covenant Christian School established in 1985, we are now officially New Covenant School Inc., a free standing 501(c) 3 corporation.
- Activities includes Running Club, Spring and Fall drama productions, and Science Labs for Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics for grades 7-12. We also provide a yearbook, online gradebook and grade entry, composition grading, and online meetings and seminars (both online and in person). Weekly Math Clinic provides support and help for students in Pre-Algebra through college mathematics, and is supervised by a professional research mathematician. Thursday Enrichment Classes offer a day of interesting activities for grades K-8, where parents can bring kids to classes in a number of subjects varying by year and grade. Parents are free to leave or stay. Acting classes are available for all grades and interested adults.
- We provide annual testing using the Wide Range Achievement Test for grades K-2nd and Stanford Achievement Testing for grades 3-11th. Seniors take either the ACT or Scholastic Achievement Test.
- Students in grades 7-12 present to a non-relative staff person all work from which they desire graduation credits. A list of what is required to receive credit in each subject is available. We also have requirements for Honor Courses and for our Honor Graduates. A copy of this is also provided.
- A full cap and gown graduation ceremony occurs each May as well as an annual Awards Night in May where Kindergartners graduate, grades 5 and 8 are promoted, and the awards for activities and contests for the year are presented. We hold academic and artistic contests each year along with the Presidential Physical Fitness Contest, and other award programs. Students in grades 4 through 8 can also participate in the National Geographic Geography Bee, the national Math Olympiad, and the Brevard County Art Fair. Students in grades 9-12 participate in the annual Melbourne Arts Festival.
- Our staff provides academic and educational assistance for families in teaching, curricula, behaviors, encouragement, and support. Mrs. Hancock, the Principal, has over 31 years experience in home education, including homeschooling all three of her own children from Kindergarten through grade 12, and all have successfully completed college, graduating a software engineer, a doctor of Criminal Justice, and a stage manager.
- NCS also has a large curricula library of books, teacher manuals, and teacher materials such as manipulatives that can be checked out for the school year. We also have a large, extensive collection of science equipment including a telescope and several high school level quality microscopes (microscopes for in building usage) for parents to check out from that library as well.
- Our goal is to help students and parents discover and develop their talents, giftings, and abilities in order to assist them in finding their destinies, whether that destiny be entry into a career, enlistment into military service, or via college. A list of colleges from which our students have graduated is available for viewing.
- While we are a Christian school, we do not require our families to be Christian. However, we do require that all families follow our printed guidelines for Christian behavior at school events and activities.
- Information Meetings are help almost every Friday at 1 pm at our facility. Children are welcome. The meeting lasts about 45 minutes. Please call ahead to reserve seats.
- We are happy to assist our parents in their homeschooling experience and welcome you into our school.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: 2-9 | 14 students
2350 W New Haven Ave
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)733-1030 0.5 2-9
- Melbourne Grades: K-8 | 108 students
870 Hollywood Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)768-1500 0.5 K-8
- Melbourne Grades: PK-K | 157 students
2200 Dairy Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)951-4457 0.9 PK-K
- Melbourne Grades: PK | 35 students
1281 S Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)951-8005 1.2 PK
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.