- Newfound is a school with a challenging academic focus with a social skills component as an integral part of the curriculum.
- We serve students in grades (PreK-12) with behavior and learning challenges.
- Our specialties include: High Functioning Autism, Asperger's, PDD, Emotional and Behavioral Challenges, ADD/ADHD, and LD. Students with other needs will be considered.
- Newfound's curriculum is comprehensive. We have a small student to staff ratio to insure individual attention.
- A learning plan based on individual strengths and weaknesses is developed for each child.
- Newfound's Executive Director, Dr. Marsha Guernsey, has a Doctorate in Education, and many years of experience with regular and special education.
- Executive Director is "hands on" and actively involved with all aspects of the school.
- Newfound School is designed to provide meaningful instruction and learning in a caring, nurturing atmosphere.
- Students are provided lifelong learning strategies for academics, behavior, and social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, polo shirt, tennis shoes.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
National avg.: 85%
- 1) We are experts in curriculum and instruction. 2) We get it! If you have ever had a disappointing experience at an ARD meeting you will appreciate this. We are after the "best" educational program and not the "free and approprate" that is offered in public schools. 3) Newfound uses an educational model that focuses on academics not therapies.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IrvingGrades: 5-12 | 347 students
3660 Cistercian Road
Irving, TX 75039
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1100 students
4101 Sigma Road
Dallas, TX 75244
- GarlandGrades: K-5 | 16 students
5840 N Garland Ave
Garland, TX 75044
- PlanoGrades: K-2 | 50 students
3425 Ashington Ln
Plano, TX 75023
- PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 88 students
3300 W Parker Road
Plano, TX 75075