Newtown Friends School
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 292 students
- Yearly Tuition: $24,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Newtown Friends School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- At Newtown Friends School, we believe how students learn is as important as what they learn. We focus on providing our students with the skills they will need to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing world where traditional models of education have become obsolete. Our students are life-long learners and leaders who act and speak with confidence and conviction. They apply critical thinking and creativity to solve problems.
- The school is a leader in outcomes-based education as demonstrated by students':
- -High scores on educational achievement assessments. Although we do not "teach to the test" our students achieve scores that are higher than the average for students at independent schools.
- -Preparation for the most selective high schools and universities in the country with an emphasis on the best fit for the student.
- -Service to their communities and the world
- -Career success later in life
- These outcomes are achieved through the school`s 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio, which gives our experienced teachers the opportunity to understand and care about your child. With an appreciation of your child`s unique capabilities, personality, passions and goals, teachers can focus on the areas that will benefit your child the most.
- As a Friends School, students, faculty and staff thrive in an environment that emphasizes the importance of respect for the individual, integrity, equality, social justice, simplicity, peace, community, collaboration, and environmental stewardship. We believe this allows students to become well-rounded individuals who "do well and do good" throughout their lives. The school embraces students from all religious backgrounds, races, and nationalities, and believes exposure to a wide variety of ideas and perspectives is critically important to all students` development.
Endorse Newtown Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards