Orlando Jewish Day School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 50 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,800
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- OJDS is a Jewish private school located in a spacious, modern facility in the heart of South Orlando.Our school is devoted to academic excellence, providing a dual curricular program in which students engage in rigorous academics while absorbing core Jewish values and developing proficiency in the Hebrew language.Our program is consistent with Florida State Standards, while utilizing a child-centered approach that nourishes the individual child and uncovers the spark of genius in every student.Our high program standards ensure that our students can gain acceptance to any middle school or high school of their choice upon graduation.
- The mission of Orlando Jewish Day School is to nurture a generation of children who are well educated, think critically and have the tools and confidence to study independently and pursue their passions, all while maintaining a strong Jewish identity. We aim to nurture caring and respectful students who maintain strong ethical values while learning to work with and respect all people without judgement.
- Core Values:
- An Integrated Curriculum allows for Richer Learning Experiences Our children are exposed to a learning environment rich in English and Hebrew literacy, where Math and Science are taught right alongside Torah and Jewish history. Our curriculum is seamless, as it connects modern American culture with age-old Jewish heritage to create an environment that is as relevant and practical as it is traditional and timeless.
- Educating the Whole Child At OJDS, learning is a wholesome experience that involves a childs intellectual capabilities as well as social, emotional, and practical skills. Our teachers maintain strong relationships with every student, allowing them to remain attuned to the childrens individual needs and abilities.
- Learning is Hands-On At OJDS, our students are never observers. Every lesson allows students to explore and experiment and they develop ideas, understand concepts, and learn to question and think critically.
- Learning is Child-Centered - At OJDS, we ensure that every child can pursue his or her interests and learn in the way that suits them best. Teachers prepare lessons that are inspired by individual student interests, while incorporating elements of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning that ensures every child is fully engaged in the learning process.
- School is our Second Home At OJDS we have created a warm and safe environment, where relationships are authentic, and children are treated with love and respect by the entire school community.
- We are One Family OJDS students and staff come from all types of Jewish backgrounds, some traditional and many not formally affiliated with a Jewish community. In our school, we do not assign labels to families. Our children are taught from an early age to respect one another regardless of background, as we celebrate the beautiful heritage, history and language that unite us as one family.
- Our school is staffed with trained educators. Each member of our school faculty is sensitive to the needs of the students and their families and has a strong commitment to quality education.The faculty meets weekly to discuss curriculum, plan programs and share and exchange ideas. In order to uphold the high standards of our program, staff development is ongoing throughout the year. This ensures that our teachers remain alert to the ever-changing needs of today's families and to the findings of current research.
- Our principals and our teachers are an unusually dedicated group of professionals whose level of commitment to each child does not stop at the classroom door, and whose commitment to education is truly an avocation. As a result, they bring to their jobs a unique and special blend of professional skills and personal experience.
- Orlando Jewish Day School is has recently purchased a magnificent multi story building in the Dr. Phillips neighborhood in South Orlando.The property has a dedicated Elementary School wing, as well as a separate entrance for our early childhood division, Chai Preschool. Our classrooms are large, comfortable, and enjoy a large amount of natural daylight. Our fenced-in play area provides a beautiful, natural space for children to play and engage in outdoor sports activities.
- Click here for School Brochure
Endorse Orlando Jewish Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards