Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Photo #2 - Established in 1885 by the sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, the historic school building in nestled in a residential neighborhood close to downtown Redwood City.
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Photo #3 - 8th graders sorting donations generated by the school community for the Santa Rosa fire victims in 2017.
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Photo #4 - Graduating class of 2018 in front of the altar after the ceremony.
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Photo #5 - Kindergarten class at Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Redwood City.
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Photo #6 - 4th-8th graders may participate in a variety of sports including Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Track and Volleyball.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a Catholic elementary school nestled in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Students PreSchool through 8th grade are challenged to grow spiritually, morally, socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally. As part of a Roman Catholic parish, OLMC serves a diverse community, all are welcome.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please contact the school|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||35 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||This is the participation rate for TK-8. Discounts available for annual/semi-annual payment.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly O'Connor|
|Admissions Associate||Mary McLinden|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Chess Club, Homework Club, Kindness Club, Lego Club, Makers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
MISSION & HISTORY
- For over 130 years, Our Lady of Mount Carmel has been educating students in the Catholic tradition. We are a welcoming and diverse community, rooted in Roman Catholic values, where students pursue academic excellence, grow in social awareness, and develop a passion for living Jesus's message. We foster independent thinking, facilitate academic excellence, and provide a high quality education to preschool through eighth grade students.
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, our school building and playground are completely gated druing the school day, and children are always monitored by instructors and vetted parent volunteers when at play.
- A robust academic curriculum includes religion classes with a focus on treating all living creatures and God's earth with respect. Our strong focus on STEM and language arts prepares students well for high school. We follow state-adopted curriculum standards in all subjects, including Common Core Standards in Math and Language Arts. All students grades TK through 8 receive instruction in the following: Art, Language Arts, Math, Music, Penmanship (TK-5), Performing Arts, PE, Religion, Science, Social Studies, and Spanish. Our students participate and place in many academic and arts competitions including an academic decathlon, county science fair, Spelling and Geography Bees, and multiple art contests. Technology is integrated throughout all subjects with interactive whiteboards and document readers in all classrooms, plus plentiful laptop computers and tablets available for use by all students. All technology is supported by a dedicated, onsite technology specialist.
- A well-established resource progrram is in place with 2 highly trained, credentialed Special Education teachers to assist students who need more help, as well as an onsite M.F.T. counselor to work with individual students and groups as needed (all included with tuition). Social-emotional learning is an important part of our school curriculum and our student life team works with students to model respectful, inclusive behavior and resolve conflicts.
- Our onsite, affordable, extended care program is available before and after school to all enrolled students TK-8. OLMC participates in a sports league with other private schools, offering after school leagues for Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Track & Field and Volleyball for boys and girls grades 4-8. A number of after school clubs are established including a Lego Club, Maker's Club, Kindness Club and Homework Club.
Profile last updated:
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.