Park Christian School
Tel: (218) 236-0500
Park Christian School Photo #2 - Park Christian School is accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and COGNIA. PCS is in good standing with the ECFA.
Park Christian School Photo #3 - Park Christian School offers 21 Varsity sports, a wide variety of clubs and organizations, fine arts, leadership, and extra-curricular opportunities.
Park Christian School Photo #4 - Park Christian School has a 100% graduation rate and 97% of graduates attending college. The average ACT score is 24.8 with 96% of the graduates from 2002-2019 taking the test. The national average is 20.8.
Park Christian School Photo #5 - A Christ-centered education deliberately educates students as Christ followers who live passionately, effectively, and visibly for the common good.
- Park Christian School. Distinctly Christian. On Purpose. For over thirty-nine years, Park Christian School has been educating the next generation of leaders in the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo area. Park Christian's thoroughly Christian education and commitment to academic excellence has resulted in a strong tradition of student success. PCS offers full day K, free busing in Moorhead, and a shuttle to and from Horace, South, and West Fargo.
- Tuition reduction assistance is available up to 50% based on a sliding need based scale.
Upcoming Events and News
- Park Christian School Students Design New Playground - 10/01/2020 - Nicholas Bormann (5th grade), Owen Bye (6th grade), Owen Goodman (5th grade), Jonah Redington (6th grade), & Caleb Striker (5th grade) were part of the Park Christian School FIRST Lego ...moreLeague team that designed the new PCS playground. Here they explain the process they used to create the plan.
Have you ever been to a playground and wanted to play on it every day? We, one of the FIRST Lego League teams at Park Christian School, decided to design the new playground for PCS for our project. We surveyed the K- 6th graders so they could choose what they wanted on a rank from 1-11, and the 12th question was an option for suggestions. We created a chart to count the rankings. We met with PCS President Nellermoe and discussed the budget. We then looked at some catalogs of playground equipment that fit with the survey. Then, we made a display board for our project and presented it to the FIRST Lego League judges at the NDSU tournament in January. We are very happy that the zipline, tire swing, and the Oodle swing were chosen from our project for the new PCS playground.
One of the PCS recess supervisors/elementary physical education teacher, Mrs. Laura Harris, is already seeing benefits from the new playground being translated into the classroom. "As recess supervisor and phy-ed teacher I spend part of each day outside on the new playground equipment with the kids. The new equipment is designed for fun and creative play. As a physical education teacher, I also see the hidden benefits of strength and coordination enhancement. In the past few weeks, I have noticed many children gaining strength and confidence on the tightropes, swings, zip line, and monkey bars. Physical development will contribute to greater academic achievement."
The Park Christian playground will be enjoyed for years to come. Staff, parents, community businesses and students helped prepare, plan, and implement the design. This playground was made possible in part by the generation support of the BNSF Railway Foundation, The Alex Stern Foundation, and the Kiwanis Club of Fargo. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||397 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, European History, Psychology|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(clean, modest, neat.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We would be happy to discuss tuition fees and options in person or over the phone. Tuition Reduction Scholarships are available up to 50% of tuition, utilizing a third party agency called FACTS.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,607|
|Admissions Director||Teresa Nickel|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Flag Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
First Lego League Robotics, Knowledge Bowl, National Honor Society, NFL Congress, PAY, Speech, Student Council, Trap Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drama, Jazz Ensemble, One Act Play, PCS Singers, Pep Band
- We have the following ways for you to connect with Park Christian School:
- Educational Success Consultations: one on ones with the President, Chris Nellermoe. Call 218-236-0500 to set up a convenient time to meet.
- Preview Days: for inquiring students. Call 218-236-0500 to RSVP.
- Kindergarten Exploration Nights. Call to RSVP.
- Visit our website at www.parkchristianschool.org
- Call and ask for Admissions at 218-236-0500.
- Follow us on Twitter at PCSFalcons or Facebook at Park Christian School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Moorhead Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
1005 2nd Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56560
(218) 233-0553 0.7 PK-8
- Andover Grades: NS-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763) 427-4595 199.6 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.