- Parkway Christian Academy was founded in 2002 to equip children and teens for college, career, and Christ.
- Accredited by AdvancED/SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), PCA offers excellence in academics coupled with strong biblical worldview training for well-prepared graduates able to stand firm in the faith and excel at any post-secondary institution.
- Teachers are passionate about their subject, well qualified through education and certification, and a true servants for Jesus Christ.
- The balance between strong academics and biblical training is unique and unprecendented with competitive tuition without sacrificing high value.
- Moving toward the future at great links, PCA is committed to the call of Christian education and dedicated to following the Lord's lead in school advancements annually. Check us out today! www.parkwaychristianacademy.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition PK-6: $4300; 7-8:$ 4400; 9-12: $4500. Multiple child discounts offered. Financial assistance offered.|
|Admissions Director||Jane Huff|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
- PCA offers both special education services for students with mild disabilities as well as an honors program for elementary and high school students. High school students may also opt for dual enrollment for college credits at the beginning of the junior and senior level years. Because of PCA's partnership with Virginia Western Community College (VWCC), students may complete courses on VWCC's campus in the morning and resume course work at PCA late morning. Two diploma styles are offered-- standard and advanced studies. Qualifying students may opt for honors courses on campus for a more challenging delivery with math skill pre-requisites. In the afternoons, students may select from a variety of sports as PCA is a member of the VACA (Virginia Association of Christian Athletics- approximately 25 schools) conference with both regional and state titles. A variety of missions trips are available annually to Guatemala, Romania, Russia, Dominican Republic, China, and many more. The focus of PCA is on the heart and soul of the child to prepare him/her for their gifted area for future service in society. We are blessed to serve our families!
People that viewed Parkway Christian Academy also viewed these schools: Roanoke Valley Christian Schools.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.