St. Paul Lutheran School
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 468 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
School uniform of polo shirts and khaki or plaid pants/skirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- St. Paul Lutheran School, through Christ, serves a diverse group of learners by nurturing the spirit to function confidently in the community and the faith, engaging the mind to its full potential through educational excellence, and equipping the whole student to impact the world through the transforming power of God’s grace.
- We serve children from age 15 months through eighth grade. Annual enrollment surpasses four hundred students each year with an additional two hundred new students served through summer programs.
- Most of our students come from homes where parents identify as Christian and about 40% of students’ families attend St. Paul Lutheran Church. However, our enrollment also includes a significant number of families who come to us seeking quality education in a safe and ethical setting, even if they are not connected to a church. We are so glad to serve these families, who are well aware that Christ is honored in everything we do.
- Our curriculum includes both innovative and traditional elements and technology plays an important role in instruction and student productivity. We build our curriculum from the Bible and the Florida learning standards, seeking to surpass the basics in both depth and breadth of learning.
- In 2013, SPLS was named a Department of Education Green Ribbon school reflecting our commitment to preserving God’s created environment, enhancing physical fitness and nutrition, and conserving energy. Regular instruction in physical education, Spanish, art, technology and music enhance the core curriculum.
- The campus, located on the southwest side of Lakeland, is beautiful, well-equipped and secure. It features an Athletic Center and quarter-mile running track, an outdoor classroom, library, computer lab, cafeteria, music suite, archery range, and student-tended gardens.
- The faculty comes from a variety of backgrounds and the staff includes numerous teachers and administrators specifically trained for ministry in Lutheran schools. Advanced degrees are common, including two teachers seeking doctoral degrees.
- Graduates are able to attend a wide variety of area public, charter, academy and private high schools. The Class of 2015 consisted of 36 students who moved on to ten different high schools of their choosing.
- Since 1964, St. Paul Lutheran School has been providing high quality education in a Christ-centered setting. We welcome inquiries and love to show families the blessings of our school.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does St. Paul Lutheran School offer?
St. Paul Lutheran School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. Paul Lutheran School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Paul Lutheran School?
The application deadline for St. Paul Lutheran School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Paul Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards