Resurrection Catholic School
- Resurrection Catholic School, founded in 1981, as a parent co-operative preschool, is a Catholic elementary school of the Diocese of Orlando.
- The school serves students in PreK3 year old, VPK 4 year old program through grade 8.
- Families, of all faiths choose Resurrection Catholic School because of its emphasis on a solid academic program in a caring, Christian environment.
- Resurrection Catholic School fosters a learning community, which recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and builds self-esteem and self-confidence of the whole child.
- Our students grow and excel through their involvement in our rich academic, cultural, and spiritual environment.
- We believe the parents are the primary educators and, with them, we support and treasure the child's ongoing relationship with God through worship and service to the parish community.
- We strive to establish a family-centered school that models our faith, hope, and love in Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Renee Parker|
- -Christ-centered learning environment
- -Florida certified faculty
- -Advanced reading and math programs
- -State-of-the-art Technology including iPads for all Middle School Students and T.E.A.L (Technology Enhanced Active Learning) Lab
- -Fully equipped Science Lab
- -Emphasis on Fine Arts
- -Competitive and Intramural sports
- -Extra-curricular clubs & activities
- -Before and After School care
- -Accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference
- -VPK 4 year old program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeland Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
1736 New Jersey Road
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863)644-1408 6.5 PK-12
- Lakeland Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
4210 Lakeland Highlands Rd
Lakeland, FL 33813
(863)646-5031 3.8 PK-12
- Lakeland Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
820 Marcum Road
Lakeland, FL 33809
(863)858-0671 13.3 PK-8
- Lakeland Grades: PK-8 | 221 students
310 Frank Lloyd Wright Way
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863)686-6415 7 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.