Pinnacle Private Academy
- Pinnacle Private Academy provides an alternative school setting for middle and high school students in Huntsville and surrounding areas. The AdvancED/SACS accredited curriculum is facilitated by highly qualified and state certified teachers.
- Thorough assessments prior to enrollment allow educators to develop an individualized learning plan that meets their specific academic and behavioral health care needs.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/ADD/ADHD/Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Literature, U.S. History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for fee schedule. We offer Virtual School and behavioral health services based on need.|
|Admissions Director||Rick White, Director of Education|
|Admissions Associate||Aletha Howie, SPED Director|
- Pinnacle Private Academy provides an alternative to traditional classrooms for students in grades 6 - 12. Highly qualified and state certified teachers are supported by trained behavioral health staff that provide support and close supervision of students. With small classrooms and high staff-to-student ratio, students excel in the college prep, blended learning environment.
- Pinnacle Private Academy is a program of Pinnacle Behavioral Health, Inc. (PBH). All PBH programs are accredited in Behavioral Health Care by The Joint Commission. Academic programs are accredited as College Prep by AdvancED/SACS and are considered Therapeutic Day School programs.
- Pinnacle Private Academy is located in Huntsville, Alabama near the medical district. Some of our students are in need of credit recovery due to learning differences, illness, relocation, or negative peer relationships in their prior school. Others simply prefer the more intimate classroom setting and the ability to work at their own pace. Students may attend one semester and return to their school of transfer, or may choose to graduate with a diploma issued by The Pinnacle Schools.
Profile last updated:
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.