Pioneer Meadows Montessori School
- Located on 5+ beautiful acres in Ferndale, Pioneer Meadows Montessori School offers both preschool and elementary level classes.
- All classes are five days a week. Each class is comprised of children in multi-aged groupings.
- We offer an outstanding, scientifically-researched, authentic Montessori program. Our calm and loving environment is rich in dynamic, hands-on experiences in all subject areas.
- And, in 2012, we added a Spanish Program, led by a native Spanish speaker.
Pioneer Meadows Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,990|
|Tuition Notes||Five days a week, 1/2 day tuition for Preschoolers|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
- Prior to applying, we ask interested parents to first attend a Parent Information Session and an Observation. Please contact the school to schedule.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellingham Grades: PK-8 | 215 students
2116 Cornwall Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360)733-6133 8.6 PK-8
- Bellingham Grades: NS-8 | 203 students
1600 E Sunset Dr
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)733-7303 8.6 NS-8
- Bellingham Grades: PK-5
567 E. Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)738-8248 6 PK-5
- Bellingham Grades: PK-6 | 101 students
1027 Samish Way
Bellingham, WA 98229
(360)650-9465 10.5 PK-6
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.