Potters House High School
- The Potter's House School began in 1981 as an elementary school with 12 students and 2 volunteer teachers.
- The school was started out of a desire to offer a Christ-centered education to families of all ethnic heritages and income levels.
- A middle school was added in 1992, and the high school program begin in 1998.
- In addition to equipping our students for economic success, our loving teachers deliver a college-prep curriculum that equips our students to be leaders, godly people of impeccable character, who will use their gifts to make a positive difference for Christ in their family, work place, neighborhoods, and community.
- We train professionals who are change agents and thinkers; people who passionately glorify God in the world, who use their talents to bring His kingdom to the workplace.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Government, AP Literature and Composition, AP Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a percentage of a family's income|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Bowerman|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||School Play, Student Council|
- Enrollment at The Potter's House High School includes completion of an application and an interview with the school administrator. An application form is available by contacting the Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com or via our school website at: http://pottershouseschool.org/apply/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Rapids Grades: 9-12 | 918 students
2300 Plymouth Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
(616)574-5500 5.3 9-12
- Battle Creek Grades: NS-12 | 109 students
480 Parkway Drive
Battle Creek, MI 49037
(269)965-1278 48.1 NS-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.