Preston Hollow Presbyterian School
- Preston Hollow Presbyterian School was founded in 1962 as a community outreach ministry of the Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church.
- It is a coeducational private day school for students of average or above intelligence (ages 5-12) who, due to identified learning differences, are not able to perform in a regular classroom at a level commensurate with their measured ability.
- Our mission is to provide a caring and vital learning community for bright, learning different children and their parents.
- Our dedicated faculty and staff strive to provide a nurturing, highly personalized environment which cherishes and supports children while challenging them to achieve their full potential.
- We strive to promote maximum intellectual and academic growth in our students by identifying their learning style, celebrating and building on their strengths and gifts, remediating their learning weaknesses, and teaching them compensating skills.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading disability (dyslexia), auditory processing disorder, oral language disorder, written language disorder and mathematical disability|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$660|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition amount does not include $1000 enrollment fee and $100 supply fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
|Admissions Director||Laura Holthouser|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Fun Zone (all sports camp)|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Homework Club, Lego Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: NS-12 | 1148 students
4100 Merrell Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
(214) 358-4368 2.3 NS-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.