Randazzo Lower School
- Established in 1989 by Dr. Joseph Randazzo, The Randazzo Lower School is located in Coconut Creek within the quiet gated residential community of Centura Parc.
- In keeping with the founder’s philosophy, we believe that a school should be small enough to permit every child to be known by name.
- This aids in promoting the warm and caring educational environment that we are known for.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Children learn more during their first four years than at any other time in their lives. The Randazzo School carefully provides the nurturing environment and educational opportunities which will help your child grow and develop in a model preschool program. The Randazzo School incorporates Montessori concepts and materials and utilizes an accelerated and individualized instructional program with training in Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Practical Life Skills, Sensorial Activities, Science, Computer Education, Music, Art, Cooking, and Physical Education.
- A Small School Environment with Big School Capabilities: We believe a school should be small enough to permit every child to be known by name. Randazzo students know most every other child, teacher, parent and staff member. As a result, The Randazzo School does not provide an institutional type setting as seen in large school programs, but promotes a warm and caring family-like environment.
- An Educational Program for Every Child: We discourage the labeling of children and maintain that nearly every student can master a gifted program - with students themselves determining how quickly they can move through the materials. What is important, from our perspective, is not how quickly a child completes the materials but that he or she has mastered the concepts and can apply both creative and critical thinking skills to the subject matter.
- A Program Designed to Promote Success: Our instruction is largely individualized and students progress through the curriculum at their own rate. As a result, your child’s school experience at Randazzo is a series of successful experiences. Naturally, some students will progress through the concepts and materials faster than others - but emphasis is on accomplishment not failure.
- Making Education Fun: We feel school should not only be a successful experience for all children but also fun. When children experience success and accomplishment it is easy to have fun in the process. This leads to a thirst for knowledge and growth - a primary value we wish to impart to our students.
- The Randazzo School has received full accreditation from two statewide regional associations The Randazzo School's Preschool Programs is accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), and the Elementary, Middle and High School Programs are accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS).
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Randazzo Lower School is Randazzo School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coconut Creek Grades: NS-PK
4601 NW 30th St
Coconut Creek, FL 33063
(954)974-8708 0.9 NS-PK
- Pompano Beach Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
1494 Banks Road
Pompano Beach, FL 33063
(954)979-2665 1.3 PK-8
- Pompano Beach Grades: PK-2 | 36 students
4748 Nw 7th Manor
Pompano Beach, FL 33063
(954)881-9677 1.5 PK-2
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.