- Rebecca School is a theraputic day school for children ages 4 - 21 with neurodevelopmental delays in relating and communicating including PDD and Autism.
- Curriculum based on educational and development model of Dr. Stanley Greenspan.
- Rebecca School is the first Developmental, Individual-Difference, Relationship-Based (DIR) school in Manhattan.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth O'Shea|
- The DIR methodology, developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan proceeds from the core belief that relationships are the foundation of learning. Rebecca School staff considers the variations in individual motor and sensory processing systems and tailors each child`s program to his or her specific needs. Rebecca School`s enrichment program offers music therapy, drama, science, art, gym and technology. The curriculum incorporates academics, floor time, social skills training, sensory integration and behavior modification. The School provides the related services of speech, occupational therapy, physical therapy and counseling.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
New YorkGrades: UG | 89 students
25 E 104th St
New York, NY 10029
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 185 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
BrooklynGrades: KG-9 | 112 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203