- Rice High School is a community of religious and laity, established in 1938 in Central Harlem by the Congregation of Christian Brothers.
- We welcome our sacred and secular responsibilities to empower young men intellectually, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially.
- Cherishing the uniqueness of each individual, we cultivate a caring but structured learning environment in which each student can emerge as a young adult with self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-discipline.
- Expecting each student to strive to academic excellence, we challenge him to fulfill his own potential.
- We seek to motivate him to pursue all ways of knowing and to be a critical user of all forms of information.
- We expect him to become a lifelong learner, to cope successfully in a rapidly changing world.
- Sharing a dedication to Catholic-Christian values with parents and caregivers, we are devoted to the development of men who possess strong character and Christian values.
- We strive to guide each young man in modes of ethical and moral behavior that will sustain him in the roles he enacts in his family, vocation, community, church and society.
- Rice High School nurtures leadership and fosters responsibility and accountability in its young men.
- The faculty and administration expect that all Rice men will enter into college and complete their respective degrees with the intention to be leaders of their communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: KG-9 | 383 students
4 E 98th St
New York, NY 10029
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1015 students
441 E. Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 1091 students
30 W 16th St
New York, NY 10011
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024