Sacred Heart School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (610) 932-3633
- Founded in 2002, Sacred Heart School is a faith-centered community dedicated to providing a nurturing environment in which every child can develop spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, socially and physically.
- Recognizing that each child has been made in the image and likeness of God, we constantly strive to create a school in which teachers, students and parents work together to educate, celebrate and embrace the individuality of each student.
- We believe that many opportunities need to be provided that allow children to grow in their Catholic faith.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be respected and the responsibility to give respect to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,650|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jennifer Whelan|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bear Grades: K-12 | 85 students
2370 Red Lion Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 838-9601 21.4 K-12
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 834-8938 19.3 PK-12
- Bear Grades: NS-12 | 574 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 834-2526 21.1 NS-12
We love Sacred Heart School! All of 5 of our children have attended SHS; four have graduated, and 1 still attends. We found a great environment at SHS. Teachers and faculty are engaged with students as individuals and at times, teachers have tailored homework or projects to support my children's learning style. As part of STREAM, the art and music programs develop and encourage creative thinking and problem solving. After SHS, our children attended high school and were more than prepared, both academically and socially. In high school they were all in honors, and AP level classes. They were also involved in extracurricular activities and held leadership positions in clubs both in SHS and high school.
- Posted by Teacher - N. Vitelli
New school building, dedicated teachers, engaging Principal and excellent cirruculum
- Posted by Parent - sgosl
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?