Saint Mark's Episcopal School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Welcome to Saint Mark's Episcopal School in Upland, California.
- The efforts of many of our constituencies have made our website possible, and each link gives further insight into who we are and what we are about.
- We invite you to spend some time browsing our site.
- And, if you catch the spirit of Saint Mark's, then give our office a call at (909) 920-5565.
- Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Admission information packets are available and tours of the campus may be made by appointment.
- We value your interest and your questions and will give you the time you need to consider if Saint Mark's can play a role in the education of your child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Standard Uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Amount differs from grades K-2 and 3-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karri Backer|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate, Fine Art, Handbells/Chimes, Music/Choir Programs, Religion/Ethics, Spanish and Latin, Student Council, Technology|
Club or Organization:
Robotics Team, Yearbook Committee
- Grounded in Anglican principles of faith, tradition, and reason, St. Mark's Episcopal School provides a strong K-8 academic program for motivated and able students of diverse races, creeds, and economic backgrounds, utilizing innovative resources to teach the best of traditional curriculum. We believe that we must seek to develop an understanding of the Christian faith with its implications for behavior and responsibility toward others, centered in the Anglican tradition and committed to corporate liturgical worship; create a community bonded by open-heartedness, hope, compassion, and respect for self and others; and encourage and value a community devoted to lifelong excellence in learning and service.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upland Grades: K-8 | 193 students
1530 North San Antonio Ave
Upland, CA 91786
(909)982-9919 0.8 K-8
- Rancho Cucamonga Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
9974 19th Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
(909)989-2804 3.5 PK-8
- San Dimas Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
124 S San Dimas Canyon Rd
San Dimas, CA 91773
(909)542-0449 8.5 PK-8
- Claremont Grades: PK-K | 68 students
654 E. 6th Street
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)621-8086 3.6 PK-K
St. Mark's has positive and caring administrators, teachers and staff as well as very solid academics and fun after school activities. It is by far one of, if not the best k-8 school in the region for providing a well rounded experience with strong academic preparation. St. Mark's curriculum is VERY similar to some of the more "elite" schools that cost 5-7K more,..but the character development at St. Mark's can't be beat. If you seek a place that will develop the whole child with a balance of character, intellect, and community with diversity,..this is the place.
- Posted by Parent - eahum
An excellent school for the money, the value we received for our child's education both as a student and as a person was priceless. The foundation our family has with friends and school habits is well worth the money. The teachers really care about the children.
- Posted by Parent - ravel
A well rounded education. There students get into great high schools and top rated universities. A caring faculty with excellent families. A homerun for our family!
- Posted by Parent - markr
Excellent school! Our children have truly thrived there. The academic programs are strong, there are a variety of enrichment programs, and just as importantly, the children are a part of a nurturing community where they develop character, integrity, and compassion.
- Posted by Parent - yzerm
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.