- Seven Sorrows BVM School is committed to providing each student with an education which integrates the traditional values of the Catholic Church and the highest standards of academics.
- With the concentration on these areas, our school forms a strong foundation for students to develop self-confidence while acquiring a social conscience.
- Seven Sorrows BVM School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color and national origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities.
- Indeed, we celebrate the diversity that enriches our population. All students seeking admission to Seven Sorrows BVM School must complete and submit an application and registration form and fee.
- After pre-admission testing and an interview with the Principal, providing there is room in our classes and the child has no academic or emotional problem that would hinder his education at this school, the child may be admitted to Seven Sorrows BVM School.
- Academic records must be present/available in order to enroll. Failure to accurately report any learning disabilities or other problems a child may have may result in the removal of the child from Seven Sorrows BVM School.
- Every student must be immunized according to PA State Law against such diseases as the Pennsylvania Secretary of Health directs.
- No students from a local school system will be accepted for admission to Seven Sorrows BVM School after the academic year has begun, except under extraordinary circumstances.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniforms navy blue and plaid)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,575|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid available|
|Admissions Director||Angela Love|
|Admissions Associate||Carol Cost|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HarrisburgGrades: K-12 | 305 students
2000 Blue Mountain Pkwy
Harrisburg, PA 17112
HarrisburgGrades: PK-8 | 441 students
4020 Derry St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.