Shady Oaks Private School (Closed 2017)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Shady Oaks opened its doors in 1969 and has been under the same ownership ever since. We are known for our family-friendly atmosphere and our loyal teachers and alumni. Some of our staff have been at our school for 20+ years. Our students come back when they are grown to visit and enrolll their own children.
- With our challenging academics, most of our graduating 5th grade students go on to advanced placement and honors classes in middle and high school. Students that go on to another kindergarten after our VPK program are placed in advanced Kindergarten.
- 2 Years Old and Preschool - High Reach Learning aaddd --- - uses the whole child approach cognitively, physically and emotionally. Based on early childhood research including Piaget’s Constructivist Theory, Bruner’s Theory of Discovery Learning, Bergen’s Theory of Play, active exploration, and the most current NAEYC Developmentally Appropriate Practice Guidelines.
- VPK - DLM Early Childhood Express
by the Wright Group. It is a literacy-rich program that addresses 9 learning domains: literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health and safety, personal and social, physical movement and technology.
- K-5th Grade - a comprehensive curriculum that we choose from different publishers to best suit our student's needs. Our curriculum includes: SRA Open Court Reading (phonics based), Progress in Mathematics by Sadlier-Oxford, Scott Foresman Science (very hands-on) and Scholastic Social Studies and Current Events. New for 2012-13: We are excited about a new program we will be offering. MindPlay Virtual Reading Coach, an intensive computer-based reading program design to help students based on their individual needs.
- Speech/Language Therapy is available for all ages. Our therapist is Caroline Bias M.S., CCC-SLP. She accepts most major insurances and funding from the McKay Scholarship.
- We also welcome your therapists to come to the school to work with your student.
We have received many awards and designations over the years. Some recent awards are:
- VPK Program of the Year 2010-11
- Gold Seal of Excellence from DCF
- School Readiness Program of the Year 2009-10
- *****5 star Designation--Early Learning Coalition 2010-11 (only 5 star in Osceola Co)
See for yourself why "they keep coming back to Shady Oaks". Call us or email for more info.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Shady Oaks Private School cost?
Shady Oaks Private School's tuition is approximately $3,800 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Shady Oaks Private School?
The application deadline for Shady Oaks Private School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).