Shady Oaks Private School
- Shady Oaks is a small private school offering an advanced curriculum.
- We are conveniently located on Hwy. 17-92/441. We offer P.E, Art and Spanish classes.
- Computers with high-speed internet in every classroom. Hot lunch included. VPK provider.
- Accredited. Qualified teachers. Call for a tour and more info. We accept 4C, Step Up for Students and McKay Scholarships.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning diff, speech/language|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,800|
|Tuition Notes||varies by program and age. Free VPK available.|
- Shady Oaks opened its doors in 1969 and has been under the same ownership ever since. We are known for our family-friendly atmosphere and our loyal teachers and alumni. Some of our staff have been at our school for 20+ years. Our students come back when they are grown to visit and enrolll their own children.
- With our challenging academics, most of our graduating 5th grade students go on to advanced placement and honors classes in middle and high school. Students that go on to another kindergarten after our VPK program are placed in advanced Kindergarten.
- 2 Years Old and Preschool - High Reach Learning aaddd --- - uses the whole child approach cognitively, physically and emotionally. Based on early childhood research including Piaget’s Constructivist Theory, Bruner’s Theory of Discovery Learning, Bergen’s Theory of Play, active exploration, and the most current NAEYC Developmentally Appropriate Practice Guidelines.
- VPK - DLM Early Childhood Express
by the Wright Group. It is a literacy-rich program that addresses 9 learning domains: literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, health and safety, personal and social, physical movement and technology.
- K-5th Grade - a comprehensive curriculum that we choose from different publishers to best suit our student's needs. Our curriculum includes: SRA Open Court Reading (phonics based), Progress in Mathematics by Sadlier-Oxford, Scott Foresman Science (very hands-on) and Scholastic Social Studies and Current Events. New for 2012-13: We are excited about a new program we will be offering. MindPlay Virtual Reading Coach, an intensive computer-based reading program design to help students based on their individual needs.
- Speech/Language Therapy is available for all ages. Our therapist is Caroline Bias M.S., CCC-SLP. She accepts most major insurances and funding from the McKay Scholarship.
- We also welcome your therapists to come to the school to work with your student.
We have received many awards and designations over the years. Some recent awards are:
- VPK Program of the Year 2010-11
- Gold Seal of Excellence from DCF
- School Readiness Program of the Year 2009-10
- *****5 star Designation--Early Learning Coalition 2010-11 (only 5 star in Osceola Co)
See for yourself why "they keep coming back to Shady Oaks". Call us or email for more info.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kissimmee Grades: PK-12 | 199 students
425 W Donegan Ave
Kissimmee, FL 34741
(407)847-2877 0.5 PK-12
- Kissimmee Grades: NS-7 | 191 students
122 W Sproule Ave
Kissimmee, FL 34741
(407)847-8805 1.3 NS-7
- Kissimmee Grades: PK-12 | 365 students
2874 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34744
(407)847-5184 2.5 PK-12
Shady Oaks is a great school for my kids. Each child is treated as an individual. Kids love it--and it is true--they do go on to advance classes. Building is a little old, but well kept. My son was reading before he even left pre-k.
- Posted by Parent - godsp