Sierra Elementary & High School
- Every student at Sierra is educated as a unique individual.
- Each student is guided, nurtured, and inspired in a way that enables the realization of his or her maximum potential— academically, culturally, and socially.
- Sierra's commitment to our students is to provide the highest quality education, balanced with life-enriching activities, to establish a solid foundation upon which they can build successful, happy, and prosperous lives.
- We encourage the ability to question and decide while developing the skills of critical thinking.
- In a creative environment such as this, group activities are filled with humor and laughter.
- Individually, students develop a deep understanding of their responsibilities toward one another, appreciating and respecting each person's worth and dignity.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 595 students
327 Fremont Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-3050 8.1 K-12
- Los Altos Grades: NS-12 | 322 students
11311 Mora Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)209-9400 7.7 NS-12
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 9.2 6-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.