Sonrise Christian School
- Sonrise Christian School is committed to teaching the heart as well as the mind.
- We know that the task of shaping lives is a call of ultimate significance.
- When one sees the potential inherent in a child, teaching becomes less of a profession and more a sacred call.
- The heart of teaching must be to help children discover their own boundless capacity to think, feel, explore and understand.
- The mission of Sonrise Christian School is to create an environment in which children can experience the love of Jesus as they grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- At Sonrise Christian School we advocate a way of life based on the truths and values of the Christian faith as revealed in the New Testament.
- Sonrise Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sonrise is an incorporated not-for-profit organization with strong traditional links to the Churches of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$445|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a no-interest, 10 or 12 month payment plan.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Dance, Gymnastics, Steel Drum Band|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: K-5 | 128 students
1307 E. Longden Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)442-7737 9.4 K-5
- Bell Gardens Grades: NS-8 | 71 students
6262 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)773-3968 18.2 NS-8
- Glendora Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
215 S Valley Center Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
(626)335-0772 3.8 PK-8
- La Puente Grades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
(626)962-2495 6.2 9-12
- San Dimas Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
124 S San Dimas Canyon Rd
San Dimas, CA 91773
(909)542-0449 4.2 PK-8
This school offers a wonderful, authentic Christian foundation, both loving and academically strong. Our girls are very happy here (currently in preschool as well as 3rd grade). Teachers and staff encourage and nurture all the unique gifts children have to offer. They offer sports and extracurriculars like Art, Chess Club, Gymnastics, Dance, Music Lessons and more. All students use laptops and are well trained for success! Best investment we have made: we are very happy with our Sonrise Family!
- Posted by Parent - tfjan