Sonrise Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Sonrise Christian School is committed to teaching the heart as well as the mind.
- We know that the task of shaping lives is a call of ultimate significance.
- When one sees the potential inherent in a child, teaching becomes less of a profession and more a sacred call.
- The heart of teaching must be to help children discover their own boundless capacity to think, feel, explore and understand.
- The mission of Sonrise Christian School is to create an environment in which children can experience the love of Jesus as they grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- At Sonrise Christian School we advocate a way of life based on the truths and values of the Christian faith as revealed in the New Testament.
- Sonrise Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sonrise is an incorporated not-for-profit organization with strong traditional links to the Churches of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$445|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a no-interest, 10 or 12 month payment plan.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Dance, Gymnastics, Steel Drum Band Chess, Dance, Gymnastics, Steel Drum Band,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WhittierGrades: NS-8
7106 Sorensen Ave
Whittier, CA 90606
- ArcadiaGrades: K-5 | 128 students
1307 E. Longden Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
- Bell GardensGrades: K-9 | 114 students
6262 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
- GlendoraGrades: PK-8 | 190 students
215 S Valley Center Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
- La PuenteGrades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
This school offers a wonderful, authentic Christian foundation, both loving and academically strong. Our girls are very happy here (currently in preschool as well as 3rd grade). Teachers and staff encourage and nurture all the unique gifts children have to offer. They offer sports and extracurriculars like Art, Chess Club, Gymnastics, Dance, Music Lessons and more. All students use laptops and are well trained for success! Best investment we have made: we are very happy with our Sonrise Family!
- Posted by Parent - tfjan
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.