- Sonrise Christian School is committed to teaching the heart as well as the mind.
- We know that the task of shaping lives is a call of ultimate significance.
- When one sees the potential inherent in a child, teaching becomes less of a profession and more a sacred call.
- The heart of teaching must be to help children discover their own boundless capacity to think, feel, explore and understand.
- The mission of Sonrise Christian School is to create an environment in which children can experience the love of Jesus as they grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- At Sonrise Christian School we advocate a way of life based on the truths and values of the Christian faith as revealed in the New Testament.
- Sonrise Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sonrise is an incorporated not-for-profit organization with strong traditional links to the Churches of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$445|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a no-interest, 10 or 12 month payment plan.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Gymnastics, Chess, Steel Drum Band Dance, Gymnastics, Chess, Steel Drum Band,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
7106 Sorensen Ave
Whittier, CA 90606
ArcadiaGrades: K-5 | 128 students
1307 E. Longden Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
Bell GardensGrades: K-9 | 114 students
6262 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
GlendoraGrades: PK-8 | 190 students
215 S Valley Center Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
La PuenteGrades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
This school offers a wonderful, authentic Christian foundation, both loving and academically strong. Our girls are very happy here (currently in preschool as well as 3rd grade). Teachers and staff encourage and nurture all the unique gifts children have to offer. They offer sports and extracurriculars like Art, Chess Club, Gymnastics, Dance, Music Lessons and more. All students use laptops and are well trained for success! Best investment we have made: we are very happy with our Sonrise Family!
- Posted by Parent - tfjan
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.