Foothill Christian School
- Foothill Christian School is a private Christian school, grades TK-8th.
- Founded in 1964, our school is a ministry of Foothill Christian Church located in Glendora, the Pride of the Foothills. Our goal is to help each child achieve Christian maturity as illustrated in the life of Christ.
- The academic challenge of our core curriculum is complemented with instruction in music, fine arts, foreign language, physical education and technology.
- This, together with limited class size and a favorable pupil-teacher ratio, provides the structure for achieving our philosophy of education.
- The administrative, instructional, and clerical staffs are dedicated to providing academic excellence in a spiritual atmosphere.
- The mission of Foothill Christian School is to provide families with a Christ centered, Biblically-directed education which encourages the development of a personal relationship with God and which instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character and service to God and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||821 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Suzy Esquivel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Faith In Action, Jr. Beta Honors Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts & Music Program
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendora Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
215 S Valley Center Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
(626)335-0772 2.1 PK-8
- Covina Grades: K-8 | 293 students
360 W Workman St
Covina, CA 91723
(626)332-7222 3.4 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.