Foothill Christian School
- Foothill Christian School is a private Christian school, grades TK-8th.
- Founded in 1964, our school is a ministry of Foothill Christian Church located in Glendora, the Pride of the Foothills. Our goal is to help each child achieve Christian maturity as illustrated in the life of Christ.
- The academic challenge of our core curriculum is complemented with instruction in music, fine arts, foreign language, physical education and technology.
- This, together with limited class size and a favorable pupil-teacher ratio, provides the structure for achieving our philosophy of education.
- The administrative, instructional, and clerical staffs are dedicated to providing academic excellence in a spiritual atmosphere.
- The mission of Foothill Christian School is to provide families with a Christ centered, Biblically-directed education which encourages the development of a personal relationship with God and which instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character and service to God and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||821 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Suzy Esquivel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Faith In Action, Jr. Beta Honors Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts & Music Program
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendora Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
215 S Valley Center Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
(626)335-0772 2.1 PK-8
- Covina Grades: K-8 | 293 students
360 W Workman St
Covina, CA 91723
(626)332-7222 3.4 K-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.