- Our mission is to lead each student to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by consistently teaching the Word of God while providing personalized academic excellence.
- In accomplishing our mission, we focus on the following priorities: ' Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness in accordance with Matthew 6:33.
- ' Strive as a teaching staff to meet the highest standards of professionalism and Christian example in our instruction.
- ' Provide Christ centered curricula to ensure sound academic achievement in all areas of study.
- ' Maintain accreditation through Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS) for grades Kindergarten - 12th, to ensure excellence in academic requirements.
- ' Accurately assess the needs of individual students; and ' Partner with your family to achieve your student's success.
- Understanding the importance of commitment, communication, and teamwork, I look forward to ministering to your family this school year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(VARIES BY GRADE LEVEL)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tution for Kindergarten $3750 Tution for 1st - 6th $4000 Tuition for 7th - 11th $4200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lorie Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Shelly DeLee|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, SoftballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4H Program, Beginning Concert Band, Fine Arts, Intermediate Concert Band, Karate, Praise band 4H Program, Fine Arts, Karate, Praise band, Beginning Concert Band,
Intermediate Concert Band,
- We accept applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. Feel free to contact our office or check our website at sonshinechristian.com should you have questions. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CallahanGrades: PK-12 | 40 students
1933 West State Road 200
Callahan, FL 32011
JacksonvilleGrades: 6-12 | 21 students
15705 Butch Baine Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32218
JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 144 students
9840 Wagner Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
JacksonvilleGrades: NS-PK | 20 students
3731 Rogers Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32208
JacksonvilleGrades: K | 6 students
5001 Soutel Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32208
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.