- Saint Bede School is a K-8 Catholic school which emphasizes both Catholic education and academic excellence.
- In a nurturing and inclusive environment, Saint Bede Catholic School teaches the gospel message of Jesus Christ, builds a service-oriented faith community, and encourages students to develop academic and social skills that will lead them to be lifelong learners.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- The school, as part of the greater parish community, assists parents.
- Through inclusive academic and extra-curricular programs, the faculty and staff facilitate learning that is formative in the development of the whole child: spirit, mind, body.
- The environment at Saint Bede School enhances the individual's self-worth, promotes an appreciation of the diversity of all people, and encourages moral responses to the events of daily life.
- Opportunities for worship and service enable students to develop a world view, respond to the urgent call for peace and justice, and grow into responsible Christian leaders of their family, school, church, civic, and global communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Differences are supported|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy blue twill pants and shorts, navy blue or white polo shirts, green polo shirt with school logo, pullover hooded sweatshirt with logo, zip-up hooded sweatshirt with logo, school jacket with logo, jumper, skirt, skort)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,053|
|Tuition Notes||Families are required to pay tuition. There is a multiple child discount. Financial aid is available. through FACE (Family Aid for Catholic Education) and the BASIC Fund. Some school assistance is also available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Antoinette Cosentino|
|Admissions Associate||Jocelyn Pierre-Antoine|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||CYO Sports, Ecology Club, Leadership, MUSE Band CYO Sports, Ecology Club, Leadership, MUSE Band,|
- Mission Statement St. Bede Catholic School, a ministry of St. Bede Catholic Parish, is a multi-culural K-8 school. We are committed to handing on the Catholic faith in its entirety, particularly the values of worship, social justice, and service to the community. Within a safe, nurturing environment, we educate each child to become a disciple of Jesus Christ, by challenging and encouraging the student to develop to his or her fullest potential: spiritually, academically socially, and physically. Philosophy We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. The school, academic and extra-curricular programs, the faculty and staff facilitate learning that is formative in the development of the whole child: spirit, mind, and body. The environment at St. Bede Catholic School enhances the individual's self-worth, promotes an appreciation of the diversity of all people, and encourages moral responses to the events of daily life. Opportunities for worship and service enable studetns to develop a world view, response to the urgent call for peace and justice, and grow into responsible Christian leaders of their family, school, church, and global communities.
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HaywardGrades: K-8 | 275 students
790 Calhoun St
Hayward, CA 94544
San LeandroGrades: K-8 | 287 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
FremontGrades: K-8 | 230 students
40374 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
OaklandGrades: K-5 | 109 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 283 students
4850 Clarewood Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
My daughter has been attending St. Bede since 2010 and my other child also started kindergarten this year. I am very satisfied and impressed with their curriculum and teachers'' skills. Every staff is approachable and considerate of each family/child's needs. This school offers one to one laptop program from grades 5-8. Extracurricular activities are available including basketball, volleyball, cross country, taekwondo and muse band. The core of the Catholic faith is established from Kindergarten and developed consistently until 8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - annes
As a parent, St. Bede provides a strong Catholic foundation and curriculum for my child. Additionally, the dedicated teachers and staff give my child that sense he has a "second home". Their continuous efforts to integrate technology especially with their one-to-one laptop program is a plus! I would encourage any parent looking for a well-rounded Catholic school with a strong curriculum, Catholic identity, and affordability to visit the school and see for themselves all they have to offer!
- Posted by Parent - jerem
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.