St. Bede Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Bede School is a K-8 Catholic school which emphasizes both Catholic education and academic excellence.
- In a nurturing and inclusive environment, Saint Bede Catholic School teaches the gospel message of Jesus Christ, builds a service-oriented faith community, and encourages students to develop academic and social skills that will lead them to be lifelong learners.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- The school, as part of the greater parish community, assists parents.
- Through inclusive academic and extra-curricular programs, the faculty and staff facilitate learning that is formative in the development of the whole child: spirit, mind, body.
- The environment at Saint Bede School enhances the individual's self-worth, promotes an appreciation of the diversity of all people, and encourages moral responses to the events of daily life.
- Opportunities for worship and service enable students to develop a world view, respond to the urgent call for peace and justice, and grow into responsible Christian leaders of their family, school, church, civic, and global communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Differences are supported|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy blue twill pants and shorts, navy blue or white polo shirts, green polo shirt with school logo, pullover hooded sweatshirt with logo, zip-up hooded sweatshirt with logo, school jacket with logo, jumper, skirt, skort)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,053|
|Tuition Notes||Families are required to pay tuition. There is a multiple child discount. Financial aid is available. through FACE (Family Aid for Catholic Education) and the BASIC Fund. Some school assistance is also available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Antoinette Cosentino|
|Admissions Associate||Jocelyn Pierre-Antoine|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||CYO Sports, Ecology Club, Leadership, MUSE Band CYO Sports, Ecology Club, Leadership, MUSE Band,|
- Mission Statement St. Bede Catholic School, a ministry of St. Bede Catholic Parish, is a multi-culural K-8 school. We are committed to handing on the Catholic faith in its entirety, particularly the values of worship, social justice, and service to the community. Within a safe, nurturing environment, we educate each child to become a disciple of Jesus Christ, by challenging and encouraging the student to develop to his or her fullest potential: spiritually, academically socially, and physically. Philosophy We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. The school, academic and extra-curricular programs, the faculty and staff facilitate learning that is formative in the development of the whole child: spirit, mind, and body. The environment at St. Bede Catholic School enhances the individual's self-worth, promotes an appreciation of the diversity of all people, and encourages moral responses to the events of daily life. Opportunities for worship and service enable studetns to develop a world view, response to the urgent call for peace and justice, and grow into responsible Christian leaders of their family, school, church, and global communities.
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FremontGrades: K-8 | 230 students
40374 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
OaklandGrades: K-5 | 109 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 283 students
4850 Clarewood Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
San LeandroGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
2305-A Washington Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577
My daughter has been attending St. Bede since 2010 and my other child also started kindergarten this year. I am very satisfied and impressed with their curriculum and teachers'' skills. Every staff is approachable and considerate of each family/child's needs. This school offers one to one laptop program from grades 5-8. Extracurricular activities are available including basketball, volleyball, cross country, taekwondo and muse band. The core of the Catholic faith is established from Kindergarten and developed consistently until 8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - annes
As a parent, St. Bede provides a strong Catholic foundation and curriculum for my child. Additionally, the dedicated teachers and staff give my child that sense he has a "second home". Their continuous efforts to integrate technology especially with their one-to-one laptop program is a plus! I would encourage any parent looking for a well-rounded Catholic school with a strong curriculum, Catholic identity, and affordability to visit the school and see for themselves all they have to offer!
- Posted by Parent - jerem
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017