St. Benedict Elementary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Since 1861, St. Benedict Catholic School`s talented faculty and staff have been dedicated in our mission of educational excellence, teaching generations of families with acceptance and empathy, preparing students for academic success and faith-filled lives. We believe in an individualized curriculum to educate and inspire our diverse community of learners for academic excellence, empowering them to reach their full potential spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and morally.We offer superior Early Childhood Education programs, including full and part-time Preschool and full day Kindergarten, followed by excellent instruction for PreK-8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title 1, Language-based|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Maroon and Grey Plaid Jumpers and Skirts, Grey Pants, White Button Down Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,790|
|Tuition Notes||Annual K-8th Grade Tuition. Half and Full Day PreK beginning at $2300 annually.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Emily Hanlon|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Martinez|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Reading, Chess Scholars, Title 1
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama Club
- St. Benedict School in Blue Island, one of the oldest thriving schools in the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools, has developed a reputation for high levels of academic success.We offer superior Early Childhood Education programs, including full and part-time Preschool and full day Kindergarten, followed by excellent instruction for grades 1-8.We BELIEVE in providing an outstanding education founded in Catholic tradition.We ACHIEVE with rigorous academic excellence built on 155 years of experience.We SUCCEED because "Together We Work for the Children We Love."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Heights Grades: K-8 | 122 students
6330 W 127th St
Palos Heights, IL 60463
(708)385-7717 5.1 K-8
- South Holland Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
(708)333-8173 5.1 PK-8
Our son has been their sense Pre K and we absolutely love it. The staff/teachers treat our son and us like family. We never have to worry that our son is not be taken care of. He has excelled so much sense Pre K and we are very proud of him. This is an excellent school and would recommend it to anyone who is searching.
- Posted by Parent - Grace & TiJuan Larry
My child has been at St. Benedict since Pre K and she excels in all areas of academia. She is currently in the 7th grade and continues to do well. They challenge her in all areas as well as providing access to extra-curricular activities, which is often rare in a private school. She is equipped to compete with any student both socially and scholastically. Her studies and my interaction with the staff of St. Benedict are second to none. This school is highly recommended by me and my family.
- Posted by Parent - Raymond Thomas
We have a Kindergartener and Preschooler this year... our boys absolutely love St. Benedict. My Kindergartener has learned so much already. His fine motor skills, reading and writing have really hit major milestones this year because of his teacher. My Preschooler has made amazing strides and is beyond excited about learning. It's truly a family feel and everyone has welcomed us with open arms!
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie B
i have a three year old daughter and i am interested in preschool program. i can be reached at 478 954 7439 or emailed. i am looking for 5 days a week . half day classes in the a.m.
- Posted by Parent - bigzs
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.