- St. Bernadette, a parish school founded in 1947, is committed to the formation of a mature Catholic faith and academic excellence for all students.
- Members of the St. Bernadette community attain their full potential as life-long learners by exercising moral strength to live as faithful stewards.
- As a community of Christ, we strive for a deeper understanding and practice of the Catholic faith.
- Every member of our community deserves respect and to participate fully in the life of the school.
- We are committed to service to others. Students will develop an understanding of their learning styles and take ownership of their learning.
- As a Catholic School, we will foster a Christ-centered environment that is safe and provides for a positive learning atmosphere.
- All students have access to a challenging curriculum enabling them to reach their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: PK-8 | 339 students
11602 Kemp Mill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20902
Silver SpringGrades: PK-8 | 257 students
12319 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20904
College ParkGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
4902 Berwyn Road
College Park, MD 20740
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
KensingtonGrades: NS-9 | 420 students
9715 Summit Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
This school may not be the most rich school in the county but it has taught me a lot about who I am.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sophi
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.