St. Brigid School
St. Brigid School has a fully-enclosed yard that is not visible from the street where students have recess every day.
St. Brigid School students have hands-on art class twice-a-week, hands-on music class twice-a-week, and choir once-a-week.
St. Brigid School offers a unique handbell ringing program. Students grades 3-8 receive in-class handbell instruction. Students who are excelling in handbell ringing can try out to be a member of the after-school ringers. St. Brigid Ringers travel to out-of-state handbell festivals to perform.
- Nestled in the East Village, St. Brigid Catholic School is an educational beacon preparing Nursery and PreK through 8th Grade students of all faiths for full lives.
- Named after the patron saint of the arts, St. Brigid combines a broad-based curriculum with an emphasis on the arts as a means of self-expression.
- St. Brigid will nurture your child's mind and spirit to be able to meet the challenges of a changing world.
- Dedicated teachers customize their teaching approach to suit our students' individual learning styles.
- In addition, we provide experience-expanding field trips, opportunities to participate in concerts and plays for the community and a unique Guest Artists Program.
- St. Brigid offers a safe, community atmosphere, strong Catholic education and a structured learning environment, along with affordable tuition, free breakfast and lunch and an after-school program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title One Reading; ESL; Speech; SETTS|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,895|
|Tuition Notes||$6895 Kindergarten to 8th Grade $12,895 PreK 2 $8895 PreK 3 FREE PreK 4 ALL - 4Year Old|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jackie DeLucia|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- Nursery, Pre-K/3 and Pre-K/4 through 8th grade
- Full-day Early Childhood Program
- Associated with St. John's University Partnership Program in literacy and math
- Integrated hands-on computer education Early Childhood through 8
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Hands-on art program
- Music program
- Handbell Program
- Italian Language Program
- Physical education
- Dedicated and experienced faculty
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Small classes, personalized attention
- Early morning drop-off
- After-school program
- Fully-enclosed playground
- Full Sacramental program
- Be a Student's Friend Scholarships
- Children's Scholarship Fund
- People that viewed St. Brigid School also viewed these schools: The Cathedral School, Corlears School, LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School), Friends Seminary and Academy Of The Holy Angels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 163 students
319 E 74th Street
New York, NY 10021
- New YorkGrades: K-5 | 164 students
324 W 15th St
New York, NY 10011
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
- New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 728 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
- DemarestGrades: 9-12 | 557 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.