St. Brigid School
St. Brigid School Photo #2 - St. Brigid School students come from diverse backgrounds. As a part of our values-based education, they learn to respect each other as individuals.
St. Brigid School Photo #4 - St. Brigid School has a fully-enclosed yard that is not visible from the street where students have recess every day.
St. Brigid School Photo #7 - St. Brigid School students have hands-on art class twice-a-week, hands-on music class twice-a-week, and choir once-a-week.
St. Brigid School Photo #8 - St. Brigid School offers after-school violin, cello, and piano lessons.
- Nestled in the East Village, St. Brigid Catholic School is an educational beacon preparing Nursery and PreK through 8th Grade students of all faiths for full lives.
- Named after the patron saint of the arts, St. Brigid combines a broad-based curriculum with an emphasis on the arts as a means of self-expression.
- St. Brigid will nurture your child's mind and spirit to be able to meet the challenges of a changing world.
- Dedicated teachers customize their teaching approach to suit our students' individual learning styles.
- In addition, we provide experience-expanding field trips, opportunities to participate in concerts and plays for the community and a unique Guest Artists Program.
- St. Brigid offers a safe, community atmosphere, strong Catholic education and a structured learning environment, along with affordable tuition, free breakfast and lunch and an after-school program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title One Reading; ESL; Speech; SETTS|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,895|
|Tuition Notes||$6895 Kindergarten to 8th Grade $12,895 PreK 2 $8895 PreK 3 FREE PreK 4 ALL - 4Year Old|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jackie DeLucia|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- Nursery, Pre-K/3 and Pre-K/4 through 8th grade
- Full-day Early Childhood Program
- Associated with St. John's University Partnership Program in literacy and math
- Integrated hands-on computer education Early Childhood through 8
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Hands-on art program
- Music program
- Handbell Program
- Italian Language Program
- Physical education
- Dedicated and experienced faculty
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Small classes, personalized attention
- Early morning drop-off
- After-school program
- Fully-enclosed playground
- Full Sacramental program
- Be a Student's Friend Scholarships
- Children's Scholarship Fund
- People that viewed St. Brigid School also viewed these schools: The Cathedral School, Corlears School, Friends Seminary, LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School) and Academy Of The Holy Angels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212)979-5035 0.7 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
(212)477-5316 1.2 PK-12
- Demarest Grades: 9-12 | 594 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
(201)768-7822 15.1 9-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.