St. Brigid School
Tel: (212) 677-5210
St. Brigid School Photo #2 - St. Brigid School students come from diverse backgrounds. As a part of our values-based education, they learn to respect each other as individuals.
St. Brigid School Photo #4 - St. Brigid School has a fully-enclosed yard that is not visible from the street where students have recess every day.
St. Brigid School Photo #7 - St. Brigid School students have hands-on art class twice-a-week, hands-on music class twice-a-week, and choir once-a-week.
St. Brigid School Photo #8 - St. Brigid School offers after-school violin, cello, and piano lessons.
- Nestled in the East Village, St. Brigid Catholic School is an educational beacon preparing Nursery and PreK through 8th Grade students of all faiths for full lives.
- Named after the patron saint of the arts, St. Brigid combines a broad-based curriculum with an emphasis on the arts as a means of self-expression.
- St. Brigid will nurture your child's mind and spirit to be able to meet the challenges of a changing world.
- Dedicated teachers customize their teaching approach to suit our students' individual learning styles.
- In addition, we provide experience-expanding field trips, opportunities to participate in concerts and plays for the community and a unique Guest Artists Program.
- St. Brigid offers a safe, community atmosphere, strong Catholic education and a structured learning environment, along with affordable tuition, free breakfast and lunch and an after-school program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title One Reading; ESL; Speech; SETTS|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,895|
|Tuition Notes||$6895 Kindergarten to 8th Grade $12,895 PreK 2 $8895 PreK 3 FREE PreK 4 ALL - 4Year Old|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jackie DeLucia|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Nursery, Pre-K/3 and Pre-K/4 through 8th grade
- Full-day Early Childhood Program
- Associated with St. John's University Partnership Program in literacy and math
- Integrated hands-on computer education Early Childhood through 8
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Hands-on art program
- Music program
- Handbell Program
- Italian Language Program
- Physical education
- Dedicated and experienced faculty
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Small classes, personalized attention
- Early morning drop-off
- After-school program
- Fully-enclosed playground
- Full Sacramental program
- Be a Student's Friend Scholarships
- Children's Scholarship Fund
- People that viewed St. Brigid School also viewed these schools: The Cathedral School, Corlears School, Friends Seminary, LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School) and Academy Of The Holy Angels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212) 979-5035 0.7 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
(212) 477-5316 1.2 PK-12
- Demarest Grades: 9-12 | 559 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
(201) 768-7822 15.1 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.