St. Charles Borromeo School
- St. Charles Borromeo School is a Catholic elementary school that serves PreK 3-Grade 8 children of the greater Charlotte County community and is an educational ministry of the neighboring Catholic parishes.
- The school provides a holistic education in an environment of respect and support where Christian values are prized and practiced.
- St. Charles prepares the children to be strong witnesses to their Catholic faith through worship, service, and integration of Gospel values.
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School lays the foundation spiritually and academically for its students to meet the challenges of secondary education.
- St Charles is a place where every child is spiritually and academically nurtured to their fullest potential creating life long learners who value and live their Catholic faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Subsidy and grants are available. We accept Step up for Students, AAA Scholarships, VPK and students we can serve under the McKay Scholarship.|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Pam Bass|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
"Music Rocks" expansion band, Art Club, Chess Club, Environmental Club, Lego League, Model United Nations, Service Club, Year Book Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Charles Borromeo School is fully accredited through the FCC. St. Charles Borromeo School follows a detailed curriculum for grades Prek-8 developed by the Diocese of Venice which is in line with the Florida Sunshine State Standards. St. Charles Borromeo School offers:
- Spanish for grades k-8
- A band or music appreciation course/Drama/Art
- Interactive white boards, document cameras, and multi-media projectors in every classroom
- 5th - 8th 1:1 iPad Program
- Coed sports for grades 6-8
- New Mac and PC Computer Lab
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Charlotte Grades: PK-12 | 292 students
20035 Quesada Ave
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941)625-8977 2.3 PK-12
- Port Charlotte Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
365 Orlando Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33954
(941)764-7673 2.5 PK-8
- Bradenton Grades: K-12 | 25 students
611 19th Street, West
Bradenton, FL 34205
(941)907-2088 46 K-12
- Punta Gorda Grades: K-9 | 110 students
2100 Loveland Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)625-5237 2.2 K-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.