- St. Columbanus School is a faith community in which students, Preschool to Grade 8, are encouraged to develop their intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and physical gifts to their fullest potential.
- Students are taught Christian prinicples to guide them in making moral decisions as they live out their Christian role of service in the global community.
- We, the faculty and staff of St. Columbanus School, guide our students in their spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth.
- We provide an academically demanding curriculum in a nurturing Catholic environment that encourages and aids each student to develop his/her intellect to its full potential.
- Our religious purpose is to educate the whole child based on the Gospel values and to foster growth in their faith journey to become more like Christ.
- We understand that discipleship is ministry of care, encouragement and love.
- We seek to express our faith to those outside our school community through word and action.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kathleen Nertney|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band (Tuesday afternoons) Band (Tuesday afternoons),
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Shrub OakGrades: PK-8 | 375 students
1375 E Main St
Shrub Oak, NY 10588
TarrytownGrades: PK-8 | 223 students
40 Prospect Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
ValhallaGrades: PK-8 | 145 students
Valhalla, NY 10595
HawthorneGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
180 Bradhurst Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
SomersGrades: 9-12 | 565 students
54 Route 138
Somers, NY 10589
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.