St Cornelius School
- St. Cornelius School has provided quality Catholic education to the Richmond community for fifty-six years.
- It was created in the late 1940's by Catholic families who wanted a school for their children. On August 24, 1948, the school was opened and five Sisters of Notre Dame were commissioned as its first teachers.
- The school successfully operated under the Notre Dame Sisters until they were reassigned to Southern California in 1985.
- In that year, a school board was appointed and the first lay faculty was developed.
- In 1989 a full time pastor was assigned to the parish.
- Since then the school has been educating students under the guidance of the pastor, principal and lay faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,885|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes before and aftercare.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0595 11.7 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 101 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 6.9 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 5.4 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.