St Cornelius School
- St. Cornelius School has provided quality Catholic education to the Richmond community for fifty-six years.
- It was created in the late 1940's by Catholic families who wanted a school for their children. On August 24, 1948, the school was opened and five Sisters of Notre Dame were commissioned as its first teachers.
- The school successfully operated under the Notre Dame Sisters until they were reassigned to Southern California in 1985.
- In that year, a school board was appointed and the first lay faculty was developed.
- In 1989 a full time pastor was assigned to the parish.
- Since then the school has been educating students under the guidance of the pastor, principal and lay faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,885|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes before and aftercare.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0595 11.7 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 101 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 6.9 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 5.4 PK-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.