St. Croix Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- SCMS is an independent, non-profit, AMI recognized school with a stable, well established, toddler through elementary program and a budding new Land/Farm adolescent program. Conveniently located near the Twin Cities, our expansive school campus sits on 15 beautiful acres in the heart of the St. Croix River Valley. Its unique outdoor environment includes a farmhouse, nature pavilion, barn, henhouse and multiple farm animals, providing an educational experience unlike any in our area. More information about our school: St. Croix Montessori School nurtures children between the ages of 16 months and 16 years.
- Our school is committed to the joyful development of the whole child, and this commitment is shared by a diverse and talented group of educators and a deeply involved parent community.
- St. Croix Montessori draws families from Stillwater, Lake Elmo, Woodbury, St. Paul, and Hudson and River Falls, WI. It is located just off of I94.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- *AMI recognized *15 acres of land *beautiful indoor and outdoor learning environments *highly trained staff *Toddler, Primary, Elementary and Adolescent Montessori environments
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stillwater Grades: NS-8 | 175 students
14940 62nd St N
Stillwater, MN 55082
(651)439-7831 6.4 NS-8
- Eden Prairie Grades: NS | 75 students
7455 Market Place Dr
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952)944-8466 29.1 NS
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 107 students
1601 Laurel Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612)377-1698 21.3 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 96 students
3021 Harbor Ln N, Ste 110
Minneapolis, MN 55447
(763)577-4244 30.8 PK-K
Sending our children to St Croix Montessori is the best decision we've ever made for their educational experience. Where we'd had some previous challenges with the traditional classroom approach with the public school system, we now have children excited to go to school every morning and returning home with positive attitudes and constant commentary about what they're learning, who they're learning with, and how excited they are to resume studies the following day. The teachers are all compassionate and gentle with the manner they direct the children and the freedom within the classroom gives the children a lot of pride and ownership over their educational choices. With a focus on ecological studies and the focused classroom sizes, we will probably have our children carry out their full term offerings through the SCM. Couldn't be better!
- Posted by Parent - Woodster
My children love this school and are clearly thriving in large part because of it. SCMS has wonderful, caring, and thoughtful teachers and staff. They follow the Montessori approach to learning, from the Toddler level all of the way through Jr. High....and this is such a good thing! It provides kids with lifelong learning and social skills that will help them become successful in whatever endeavors they pursue. Also, my kids are big fans of exploring the extensive natural environment around the school.
- Posted by Parent - G W
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.