St. Croix Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- SCMS is an independent, non-profit, AMI recognized school with a stable, well established, toddler through elementary program and a budding new Land/Farm adolescent program. Conveniently located near the Twin Cities, our expansive school campus sits on 15 beautiful acres in the heart of the St. Croix River Valley. Its unique outdoor environment includes a farmhouse, nature pavilion, barn, henhouse and multiple farm animals, providing an educational experience unlike any in our area. More information about our school: St. Croix Montessori School nurtures children between the ages of 16 months and 16 years.
- Our school is committed to the joyful development of the whole child, and this commitment is shared by a diverse and talented group of educators and a deeply involved parent community.
- St. Croix Montessori draws families from Stillwater, Lake Elmo, Woodbury, St. Paul, and Hudson and River Falls, WI. It is located just off of I94.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- *AMI recognized *15 acres of land *beautiful indoor and outdoor learning environments *highly trained staff *Toddler, Primary, Elementary and Adolescent Montessori environments
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stillwater Grades: NS-8 | 175 students
14940 62nd St N
Stillwater, MN 55082
(651)439-7831 6.4 NS-8
- Eden Prairie Grades: PK-K | 75 students
7455 Market Place Dr
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952)944-8466 29.1 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 107 students
1601 Laurel Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612)377-1698 21.3 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 79 students
3021 Harbor Ln N, Ste 110
Minneapolis, MN 55447
(763)577-4244 30.8 PK-K
My children love this school and are clearly thriving in large part because of it. SCMS has wonderful, caring, and thoughtful teachers and staff. They follow the Montessori approach to learning, from the Toddler level all of the way through Jr. High....and this is such a good thing! It provides kids with lifelong learning and social skills that will help them become successful in whatever endeavors they pursue. Also, my kids are big fans of exploring the extensive natural environment around the school.
- Posted by Parent - G W
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.