St David School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. David School has been providing quality Catholic education Pre-K through 8th Grade for 50 years.
- St. David School is a parish elementary school which provides a Catholic educational environment.
- The school works to support the family in its primary responsibility to educate the child.
- Teachers, as facilitators of learning, have a vital role providing educational expertise that addresses the needs of the whole child.
- Students are taught to actively contribute to society and to view life according to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- The school community fosters understanding, acceptance, and appreciation of all religious and ethnic groups.
- The school provides a learning environment where students can develop a positive self image and grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, school top)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||$6000 a year K-8 $7000 a year Pre-K Discounts for multiple children|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeanette Beard|
|Admissions Associate||Brian Swanson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Cornerstone Youth Group, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Leadership, Mad Science, Rosary Guild, Tee Ball & Youth Socce|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walnut Creek Grades: PK-8 | 301 students
1158 Bont Ln
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925)935-5054 14.3 PK-8
- Richmond Grades: K-8 | 210 students
201 28th St
Richmond, CA 94804
(510)232-3326 1.5 K-8
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0595 12.4 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 101 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 7 K-8
From prekindergarten to eighth grade, you will find some of the most inspiring and caring teachers and staff. The love that is poured into each child is not something you will likely find in a overcrowded public school. The energy and education each teacher provides are priceless. The family bond you will develope with other families is absolutely amazing. There is no other school for my little ones except here.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Two
Student - 11-5-2012- This is best school in the Richmond area. I love this school. I have been in St. David School since Pre-K, it's been 8 years. I think that everyone should go to St. David School. You won't regret it!!!! I hope you do go to this very fine school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sjoe2
We wanted a school in a nice area with good teachers. After much searching, we found St. David School. The school is in a safe area and the staff ensures that your children's safety is there number one priority. The school has a good sports program, wonderful music teacher, excellent academics and a nice sports field across the street from the school. This school will not disappoint!
- Posted by Parent - commi
We have a fantastic group of students and families at St. David School. With small class sizes and dedicated teachers, it's a perfect learning environment. Please stop by for a tour and see what we have to offer. A proper education is the best gift you can ever give your child.
- Posted by Administrator - bswan
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.