St Gerard Majella Catholic School
Tel: (314) 822-8844
- St. Gerard Majella School is a place where the promise and potential of every child begins to be realized.
- The basis of our philosophy is our commitment to educating the whole child while recognizing each child's individuality.
- In a warm and nurturing environment, faith is strengthened, academic skills are developed, and friendships are formed.
- Working in partnership with the entire parish community, we prepare students to meet future faith and academic challenges and responsibilities.
- We believe that respect for self and others is the key to positive self-esteem.
- We believe that the development of the whole child is best nurtured when there is positive interaction among the home, school, and community.
- As a Catholic Educational Community, S.G.M. is dedicated to recognizing the unique God given gifts of each individual.
- All members of this community strive to create a warm, accepting environment in which each person feels comfortable to grow as an individual and in his relationship with Christ.
- Because our Christian philosophy recognizes the whole person in its educational efforts, our community aims to promote the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, physical, moral, and cultural development of each individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to St. Gerard Majella Catholic Elementary School. SGM is the place where your child will have the opportunity to be Rooted in Faith, Grounded in Excellence, Prepared for Success!
- Prepared in Faith… Through a religious education program that fosters a relationship with God through study, prayer, community, liturgy, and service, your child will build his/her success on a solid faith foundation.
- Prepared With Confidence… With an outstanding faculty supported by strong parent partnership, your child will build his/her success guided and encouraged by the best.
- Prepared for Life-long Learning… Through the experience of a solid, comprehensive, and contemporary curriculum that meets the needs of a wide range of students while advancing the learning of all, your child will build his/her success within a framework of life-long learning.
- Prepared with Innovative Approaches… Committed to the utilization of technology as a tool for learning/teaching and a means of communication, your child will build his/her success with access to current means of connectivity.
- Prepared to explore New Horizons… A comprehensive K-8 Spanish program as part of the core curriculum will allow your child to build his/her success beyond immediate horizons.
- Prepared to Lead… By offering a three year progressive, developmental, and interactive middle school leadership program, your child will learn the skills needed to be a success and make a positive difference in the world.
- In addition to the above experiences, your child will also have the opportunity to develop his or her gifts and talents, strengthen friendships, and be of service to family, school, parish, and the greater community.
- People that viewed St Gerard Majella Catholic School also viewed these schools: Christ Community Lutheran School, The College School, Forsyth School, MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) and New City School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-6 | 357 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 726-4542 8.7 NS-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 1245 students
101 N Warson Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314) 995-7367 5.7 PK-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 323 students
5209 Waterman Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63108
(314) 361-6411 10.3 PK-6
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.