St. Gerard Majella Catholic School
St. Gerard Majella School is a place where the promise and potential of every child begins to be realized.
The basis of our philosophy is our commitment to educating the whole child while recognizing each child's individuality.
In a warm and nurturing environment, faith is strengthened, academic skills are developed, and friendships are formed.
Working in partnership with the entire parish community, we prepare students to meet future faith and academic challenges and responsibilities.
We believe that respect for self and others is the key to positive self-esteem.
We believe that the development of the whole child is best nurtured when there is positive interaction among the home, school, and community.
As a Catholic Educational Community, S.G.M. is dedicated to recognizing the unique God given gifts of each individual.
All members of this community strive to create a warm, accepting environment in which each person feels comfortable to grow as an individual and in his relationship with Christ.
Because our Christian philosophy recognizes the whole person in its educational efforts, our community aims to promote the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, physical, moral, and cultural development of each individual.
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 439 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 18%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to St. Gerard Majella Catholic Elementary School. SGM is the place where your child will have the opportunity to be Rooted in Faith, Grounded in Excellence, Prepared for Success!
- Prepared in Faith… Through a religious education program that fosters a relationship with God through study, prayer, community, liturgy, and service, your child will build his/her success on a solid faith foundation.
- Prepared With Confidence… With an outstanding faculty supported by strong parent partnership, your child will build his/her success guided and encouraged by the best.
- Prepared for Life-long Learning… Through the experience of a solid, comprehensive, and contemporary curriculum that meets the needs of a wide range of students while advancing the learning of all, your child will build his/her success within a framework of life-long learning.
- Prepared with Innovative Approaches… Committed to the utilization of technology as a tool for learning/teaching and a means of communication, your child will build his/her success with access to current means of connectivity.
- Prepared to explore New Horizons… A comprehensive K-8 Spanish program as part of the core curriculum will allow your child to build his/her success beyond immediate horizons.
- Prepared to Lead… By offering a three year progressive, developmental, and interactive middle school leadership program, your child will learn the skills needed to be a success and make a positive difference in the world.
- In addition to the above experiences, your child will also have the opportunity to develop his or her gifts and talents, strengthen friendships, and be of service to family, school, parish, and the greater community.
Endorse St. Gerard Majella Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.