St. Germaine Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (586) 771-0890
St. Germaine Catholic School Photo #3 - Helping the less fortunate in the community by providing food baskets.
St. Germaine Catholic School Photo #5 - Spiritually guided in our Catholic faith. Students attend Mass weekly and also celebrate the Liturgical seasons with special prayer services.
St. Germaine Catholic School Photo #8 - Some of our eighth graders using the iPads for a cooperative group assignment.
- St. Germaine Catholic School offers children the highest quality education integrated with strong Christian values. We are a fully accredited Catholic School (since 1993).
- Our entire teaching staff, is certified, highly-qualified and dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment. We prepare our students for high school, college and beyond by offering a challenging academic curriculum, incorporating spirituality, athletics, the arts and social development from preschool (ages 3 and 4) through eighth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences primarily in language arts and math|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(plaid skirts/jumpers and white polo for girls, navy pants and white polo for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jun. 1 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,100|
|Tuition Notes||Assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Julie DeGrez|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Pauline Latessa|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Football, Indoor Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-school Science, Summer Camps, Tae Kwon Do|
Club or Organization:
Brownies, Chess/Brain Games, Daisies, Girl Scouts, LEGO class
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance and Repertory Company, Instrumental band, Rembrandt Drawing, Youth Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Tennis Lessons, Tumbling
- On behalf of our entire St. Germaine Catholic School community, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce or reintroduce our school to you. We have been faithfully educating and servicing students Kindergarten through grade 8 since 1964, adding preschool in 1993!
- Our teachers are certified by the State of Michigan and approved by the Archdiocese of Detroit. Not only do they go through rigorous professional development on an annual basis, but they also attend retreats and seminars keeping their faith and Christian beliefs at the forefront of their teaching.
- Recently, our school was invited to attend the Center for STEM Education through the University of Notre Dame. Our teachers are always looking for new ways to incorporate STEM programs and activities as well as incorporating many types of differentiated instruction to accommodate all students. In addition, to becoming a STEM Focused school, our class sizes are purposely small. Smaller, structured classes allow us the ability to prepare better, work more efficiently, and perform more consistently than public schools, not to mention more individual teacher time for each child!
- Our students experience extremely high success in high school no matter which school they attend, Liggett, International Academy of Macomb, public or private. We offer a variety of extracurricular activities with the intention of offering "something for everyone," not just sports. We do offer CYO sports including volleyball, football, basketball, soccer, baseball and softball, and in addition, we offer golf lessons, Our Lady of Hope Players theater group, praise and worship choir, after school band, scrapbooking, coding, programming and more!
- Our students have the opportunity to be involved in more social events as well. Our annual Family Fun Festival each fall, Parent/Family Appreciation Day, Lenten fish fry`s, annual field trips, fun run, class buddies, boy and girl scouts, student council, and much more.
- But most importantly, we base everything we do on living a life of faith. If you are looking for a positive alternative to public education, I ask you to please contact us and visit us. When school is in session, we invite and welcome students to spend the day with us to get a real feel for what we`re all about and how a normal school day runs.
- Our faith-based curriculum/education is more affordable than one may think and tuition assistance is available! Please call or visit us to see how we can make a positive lifelong impact on your child`s education, faith, and future!
- Peace and blessings!
- Julie DeGrez
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Clair Shores Grades: PK-8 | 292 students
21100 Madison St
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081
(586) 771-3525 1.2 PK-8
- Grosse Pointe Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
467 Fairford Rd
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
(313) 884-1070 5.4 PK-8
- Detroit Grades: PK-8 | 138 students
11475 East Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48224
(313) 885-0180 6.9 PK-8
- Detroit Grades: PK-8 | 249 students
17139 Oak Dr
Detroit, MI 48221
(313) 863-4677 13 PK-8
St. Germain is an amazing school! We were able to do a trial day before signing up and our son fell totally in love with it! We had so many great moments and memories at Germaine! We went on to send our other children also great family oriented faith based school I would recommend highly! The teachers are amazing and so willing to customize learning for your child! Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Sowinski
My daughter attended St. Germaine from age 3 through grade 8, graduating Spring 2013. She has a strong faith base, a great perspective on life, and was prepared very well academically. She is very much looking forward to entering high school and plans to continue her education well beyond.
- Posted by Parent - tjdeg
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.