St. James Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- For the past 60 years, St James Academy has exemplified the blending of outstanding academic education with caring Catholic values.
- As the challenges of contemporary life evolve, St James Academy continuously evaluates the best processes to enable our students to meet the current and future needs of our community.
- The vision for St James Academy is to enable students, educators, and our community to gain both the desire and the opportunity to practice Christ-centered action in everyday life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Surf Team, Track and Field,
- The Catholic Faith Community of St. James Academy weaves Christ's message into the fabric of each school day so that the whole child can develop in body, mind and spirit. Working within an educational program that integrates spiritual, moral, academic, social, cultural and physical precepts, the faculty and staff assist parents in the education of each child. In modeling Christ's teaching, we strive to prepare children to live in the world as responsible citizens and as faithful stewards of creation in an ever changing environment. We provide a student-centered, Catholic-based curriculum which values cultural and intellectual diversity in our commitment to excellence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La JollaGrades: KG-8 | 238 students
2390 Nautilus St
La Jolla, CA 92037
- La JollaGrades: NS-6 | 291 students
7380 Girard Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
- San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 191 students
1376 Felspar Street
San Diego, CA 92109
- PowayGrades: NS-5 | 152 students
12642 Monte Vista Road
Poway, CA 92064
- San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 464 students
4605 Point Loma Avenue
San Diego, CA 92107
After an exhaustive search of the North County parochial schools we choose SJA for our son. We have been with the school for three years. SJA is a great fit for us. Our son had 4 years of Montessori education before starting 1st grade at SJA. We found the methods used here align well with the solid academic foundation he had developed. When touring the school we noticed the central location of the music/choir room. I think this program is what fosters the community spirit at SJA. All children participate and the singing creates a positive buzz around campus. Being a costal family, we support and love the surf team program. Friday afternoons kids from all grades gather at San Elijo state beach for surf practice. Those kids that are to young (<6th grade) just enjoy time hanging out in the water. We love SJA and recommend it for any family that wants a school with solid academics, Christian community spirit in an intimate setting and the ability to make life nurturing friendships
- Posted by Parent - James
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.