St Jerome Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (713) 468-7946
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #2 - Welcome to St. Jerome Catholic School, where we pray, learn and laugh together! Building a strong foundation upon the tradition of our Roman Catholic Faith in a Eucharistic Community, is our main focus. This culture of caring nurtures students from PreK-4 through 8th grade. Please visit us anytime and become a part of the St.
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #3 - St. Jerome School holds weekly All School Mass, in which students participate in all aspects, from choir to gift bearers, readers to alter servers. All are welcome to attend, every Thursday, beginning at 8:15am.
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #4 - We are a championship soccer school, winning our district several times, including last year!
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #5 - Some of our Cheer leading squad with the first Pep Rally sign of the 2014-2015 School Year.
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #6 - Our scout troups are very busy throughout the year. Shown here are a few of the St. Jerome Boy Scouts, with one of their Scout leaders, dedicating our new American and Texas flags.
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #7 - St. Jerome families bring their pets annually for Blessing of the Pets. Here is Fr. Dan blessing some of our fur-babies! Fr. Victor was even kind enough to bring Fr. Dan's buddies.
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #8 - Have you seen us around town? Here is our signage at Memorial City Mall. We can also be found in many different periodicals and of course, online!
St Jerome Catholic School Photo #9 - Our middle school students have a lot to smile about! They take various trips, share time with their PreK and Kinder buddies, participate in Mock Trial, sports, drama, band, Student Council, Speech & Debate and Academic Rally's. One of the favorites, however, is Switch Day, where the 8th graders switch places with teachers and staff for the day!
- St. Jerome School was established in 1962. St. Jerome School is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department, an accrediting agency approved by the Texas Education Association. In conjunction with the St. Jerome Catholic Community, the mission of St. Jerome School is to provide all students with a Christ-centered education secure in their love of God and Christians in the challenging years ahead.
- Instruction in Catholic doctrine, liturgy, and Christian values is given daily.
- Attendance and participation at Mass, daily morning prayer, and para-liturgical celebrations help nurture the students' spiritual growth and development.
- St. Jerome is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, or national or ethnic origin in its educational programs and activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms purchased through Sue Mills Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website, under Admissions, for tuition & fees|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Chess Club, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Choir, Drama, Steel Drum Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball, Basketball Team, Elementary Intramural Sports, Martial arts class, Soccer Team, Track and Field, Volleyball
- St. Jerome School was established in 1962. St. Jerome School is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department, an accrediting agency approved by the Texas Education Association. In conjunction with the St. Jerome Catholic Community, the mission of St. Jerome School is to provide all students with a Christ-centered education secure in their love of God and Christians in the challenging years ahead. Instruction in Catholic doctrine, liturgy, and Christian values is given daily. Attendance and participation at Mass, daily morning prayer, and para-liturgical celebrations help nurture the students' spiritual growth and development. St. Jerome is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, or national or ethnic origin in its educational programs and activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baytown Grades: PK-12 | 219 students
5555 N Main St
Baytown, TX 77521
(281) 421-4150 32.8 PK-12
- Katy Grades: PK-12 | 554 students
2225 Porter Road
Katy, TX 77493
(281) 391-5683 17 PK-12
The minute I stepped into St. Jerome, I knew it was the place for my son. We transferred him for 6-8th grades and it was the best decision we have ever made. His confidence in himself and his work has grown so much. The teachers and staff really do treat the kids as if they are their own. The academics are challenging and the small classes ensure that your child will get what they need. Highly recommend!!!
- Posted by Parent - Kathryn Nance
St. Jerome School is Houston's "best kept secret". It is full of life, educational fun, and budding child minds. It is truly a community where parents, teachers, and students collaborate together to make a memories while students are exposed to a robust curriculum and learn so much to prepare them for college prep high schools. The facilities are wonderful, they have a vivacious sports program, and each teacher and staff member is dedicated to the well-being of each individual student. What I LOVE about this school is that each staff member knows each student. There isn't a day that goes by when I pick up my son where we are said "hi" to using our first names. I am going to be heartbroken when we have to leave this school after 9 years (K-8). Maybe they can add a high school later!
- Posted by Parent - bmari
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.